• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Post apocalyptic theme town!

Chris01

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
January Birthstone (Garnet)
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Thinking of just zooming head in time so my town becomes really weeded and horrible (need to remove BT ordinance first) and anyone who visits HAS to wear a gas mask, not sue how else I can make my town look really abandoned and strange, it makes it difficult with animals wandering around haha >.<

what do you guys think, share your ideas on how I can achieve this idea if I go ahead with it!

What if you put a lot of caution signs, and "do not enter" signs on some more terrible-looking areas, also a pile of pipes PWP or two, and the streetlight PWPs attract moths which could make it look kinda dirty.
The do not enter signs could even go around fence PWPs filled with flowers to make it look like, don't go here because these flowers are covered in toxic waste or something along those lines.
You could put any PWPs you like, really, as remnants of what "once was" from before the apocalypse. Or make it seem like the townsfolk who remain are in the middle of rebuilding it, you know? The water well and fire pit, rack of rice, any "natural" PWPs may work for this. Also the drilling rig is considered unsightly so it could work.

I hope these ideas make sense and give you a bit of help :3

If you shake perfect fruit trees until they die and leave them there, that will help a lot I think. c: My boyfriend is making his town look really sort of abandoned with weeds and whatnot, and that is one thing he has all over.

I agree with starlight and you can also make sure that all the flowers you have are black so everything looks dead or abandoned, you can leave rotten fruit on the ground so they attract ants, cut down most of the trees except for a few

If you shake perfect fruit trees until they die and leave them there, that will help a lot I think. c: My boyfriend is making his town look really sort of abandoned with weeds and whatnot, and that is one thing he has all over.

Oohh yeah that would help too! You could plant tons and tons of perfect fruit trees, and just shake them each day until all the leaves fall off, so then it looks like the environment is just so bad that all your greenery died!
Also, what if you run a whole lot to deteriorate your grass to supplement the above thing about a bad environment?
I wish you luck with making a really nice... or, I suppose, really terrible :p , apocalypse town, OP & butz's boyfriend!

Edit: And also yeah, kinda like meowlerrz said, you could breed a lot of black tulips/cosmos/lilies/roses and/or let any of your flowers of another color just sit there and wilt.

Last edited:
I like the idea, lol. It's pretty unique in that it's not something players usually go for. The dead perfect fruit trees seems an excellent idea, and this is one of the few occasions the drilling rig would actually be useful.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, some of the "modern" style PWPs would work well, I think. Add some piles of pipes too! A modern bridge could work as a remnant of the old civilization, or the suspension bridge as something built after the apocalypse by inventive survivors. The bus stop could work too, it's nice and ugly imo, lol. The parabolic antenna as well!

I love creepy towns! I would plant perfect fruit all over and shake the trees until they die, let weeds grow all over and leave bits of trash around. Also, you could make a cemetary with QR codes for graves and some stone/statue PWPs. Bury "creepy skeletons" in front of the grave markers!

trash, traffic signs, dead trees, very few flowers, change your house exterior to the shanty exterior/roof/fence and have the town set in october november ish when the grass looks dead!!

also, if you want to switch out some villagers you should definitely get gruff, he totally looks like a zombie

Tree stumps and chopped down bamboo might help :eek: maybe leave some rotten fruit around? And once your ordinance has changed, you'll start getting trash in your ponds and oceans, which you could litter your town with.

Edit: Another idea :D You should display torn/dirty/worn out clothes in your clothing shop so your villagers will wear them and look more like they fit into the post apocalyptic theme.

Last edited:
This sounds super awesome. The Bus station PWP looks kinda run down and creepy. I also think you could use the streetlight (requested by snooty villagers), water well, and drilling rig (requested by cranky villagers). Those all look rather run down and post apocalyptic.

This sounds like a awesome idea! I love creepy towns. Well hope it comes out just the way you want it. I'd like to check it out someday.

My Boyfriend Butz posted about my town earlier in this thread, I've killed many perfect fruit trees all over my town and just left them. It really gives the town a very haunted forest feel.

Some other ways I make my town look like its creepy and haunted: Eerie streetlights, weeds everywhere, trash from the river everywhere (think tires), a creepy town tune, Random dirt patches everywhere (I run everywhere purposely), mushrooms everywhere, and some other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting right now, I'll post later if i remember anything else!

Also: Many PWP's can be scary and creepy if you put them in the right place, for example: The water-well slightly off a worn dirt path surrounded by Mushrooms, as if it were under some dark enchantment. The stone Windmill or the lighthouse on a cliff deep in the haunted forest as if they were cursed. Or the bus station, totally grown up in weeds and dead trees in a secluded part of town that seems like it shouldn't have a bus station, as if it services ghost buses in the middle of the night.

The biggest thing (I think) with making Post Apocalyptic/creepy/haunted/deserted towns etc. is using your imagination, and pretend like your trying to build a movie set. Think about all the different ways there are to set the mood and suggest the past and you're good to go.
And then have fun with the challenge of making something dark and sinister with the tools this wonderfully light and happy game has given us!

Hope it turns out well! And I hope we all get to see it someday :lemon:

You could do a lot of radiation danger signs or biohazard for an even cooler/scarier look. Also Rasher comes to mind as far as villagers go. He looks like he's been through the ringer. Lucky too, since he's all bandaged up. Also K.K. Dirge would go fantastic in any room in your house.

Back