• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Pre-Ordering New Leaf on Amazon + another question

Cardbored

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
If I pre-order it on Amazon will it come in the mail on June 9th?
Also, since New Leaf is coming out on the 9th in NA, does that go for military bases that are in Europe? I don't think I could wait an extra week for it.

No. You will not get it until the 12th for NA areas only. Amazon even tells you this as you order it.
No. If you are located in Europe, you will get the game at European release.

I pre-ordered mine on GAME and it had free express delivery (1 working day). Will I get it on the 14th or the 15th?

No, it will definitely not come on June 9th because it is a Sunday. Sometimes Amazon ships early and sometimes they ship on release date, there is a chance you could get it a day early, but it's highly unlikely. My Amazon estimated delivery states: Delivery estimate: June 14, 2013 - June 19, 2013, I am expecting it to change as Amazon's delivery estimates are 90% of the time off. However this time it may be wrong if they do not ship it prior to release date. Which would suck.

No. You will not get it until the 12th for NA areas only. Amazon even tells you this as you order it.
No. If you are located in Europe, you will get the game at European release.

Well the thing is I want the NA version of the game, so I was hoping that they'd ship it to the military bases and put it out on release date. Unless they're shipping both the EU version and the NA version and sell it on the 14th, then I guess I'll have to deal with it.

I did a bit of researching and I should be getting it on the 14th, especially as I chose express delivery. Yay :3

Its rare that GAME don't get pre-ordered games out by release apparently. They also frequently get them out a day or two before release. So I should deffo be getting it by release.

I hope the same goes for Best Buy but I doubt it. The 9th is a Sunday so EARLIEST I'd be getting it would be Monday. I'm expecting Tuesday though.

Amazon's estimates for delivery are off for me a lot. :Y When I ordered FE:A, it took only 5 days to arrive (ordered on Sunday) but the estimated delivery time said that it would come in 2-3 weeks.

Well the thing is I want the NA version of the game, so I was hoping that they'd ship it to the military bases and put it out on release date. Unless they're shipping both the EU version and the NA version and sell it on the 14th, then I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Unfortunately, since an import would have to go through customs first and since NA doesn't deliver on Sunday, which happens to be the release day, it wouldn't even be processed until Monday then maybe shipped that day or Tuesday. The earliest you would see this game is around the 15th or so of June, even with amazon prime.
If you have an NA 3DS, there's a chance you could download it midnight on June 8th (9th because of midnight) but if you don't have an NA 3DS, then not only will the game not work for you, you will not be able to get it and play it via import or download.

Its rare that GAME don't get pre-ordered games out by release apparently. They also frequently get them out a day or two before release. So I should deffo be getting it by release.

This is true, I have to my joy received pre-orderd games a day in advance from them in the past.

Yep, Game will 99% of the time get it to you for release day, and occasionally the day before.

If I pre-order it on Amazon will it come in the mail on June 9th?
Also, since New Leaf is coming out on the 9th in NA, does that go for military bases that are in Europe? I don't think I could wait an extra week for it.

Despite my location, I technically work at a US base in Japan (don't live on it though). Judging from when I get my packages from Amazon at the base post office, you'll end up waiting approximately 1 week after the game comes out.

If you want it faster, you could always buy the digital copy. It'll probably be available midnight Pacific (where NoA is) night of June 8/9.

Yep, Game will 99% of the time get it to you for release day, and occasionally the day before.

Well I'm going to buy an NA 3DS so I don't think I can pre-order from Game.
Also what DJ said helped me as well. Do you think they'll have it at the BX?

Back