• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Present being Carried by a Balloon?

Orange Dude

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So I was walking around my town a little while ago, and all of a sudden a balloon carrying a present floated by! I could touch it, grab it, hook it with a fishing pole, or catch it with a bug net. I followed it until it went over the town boarder and over the ocean.

So what gives? Is there a blow-dart item I need to get, or was it just mocking me?

Have you been living under a rock?

For some people, this is their first Animal Crossing experience.

OP: Slingshot will appear eventually so for now, yes they are mocking you :D I have seen 2 presents so far and still no slingshot!

OP: Slingshot will appear eventually so for now, yes they are mocking you :D I have seen 2 presents so far and still no slingshot!

SO HAVE I. I am so mad! I dont think you can get the slingshot until T&T Mart (I believe)

The Slingshot (tool) will be available in a later Nookling shop upgrade. You can pop the balloons with a bug net just before it reaches the beach. :)

The Slingshot (tool) will be available in a later Nookling shop upgrade. You can pop the balloons with a bug net just before it reaches the beach. :)

i would like to confirm this - i followed it on the 2nd level until it lowered a bit because it was going to go over the beach - i knocked it down with my bug net before it went over!

Thanks all! I've played the original Animal Crossing in my past, and a very little bit of Wild World, but have never seen a slingshot. I guess I'm a little rusty...:blush:

J
Thanks all! I've played the original Animal Crossing in my past, and a very little bit of Wild World, but have never seen a slingshot. I guess I'm a little rusty...:blush:

Be careful of shooting down balloons near water- if they fall in then you'll miss your chance of getting the present attached!

This reminds me of the first time I saw a balloon in City Folk (my first AC game). I ran around trying everything to get the balloon, and shouted to my kids for help.

They laughed so hard.

I've gotten 2 of them with a bug net! Right as they were coming up off the beach, lol!
Got a balloon TV and a balloon lamp from it :p

I've gotten 2 of them with a bug net! Right as they were coming up off the beach, lol!
Got a balloon TV and a balloon lamp from it :p

I did hear somewhere that you could do that! Thanks for clearing that up. :)

I've seen like seven. I was mad that I didn't get any of them. I feel like there was a super-rare item in all of them ;-;

I just saw a balloon coming in off of the ocean, but it was on the other side of the waterfall from where I was fishing, so I ran like a mad-man through town to try to get to where it would rise up the cliff. I got to it just seconds after it was up and out of my reach...
tumblr_mbaozwuRCr1qmr5fb.gif

LOL! Oh well, better luck next time, right?

Back