• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Purple Tulips - you elude me

TifanyNL

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Has anyone been able to breed purple tulips WITHOUT buying purple tulips to breed? I have had a group of orange tulips for MONTHS. I have fertilized the group 4 days in a row. All I get are black tulips or more orange.

The thonky guide also says that orange and red can make purple. But I have had two Leif bought red tulips next to some of the orange for a month and I get orange.

Another website that I found lists Black + Pink = Purple. I had some pink with my black tulips for a while but didn't get anything.

So has anyone here actually bred their own purple tulips?

Been trying FOREVER to get them too!! >.< I have one and it's only because it was a gift. Too bad nothing else popped up next to it. Fertilizer, when I got it from other people's towns, doesn't do anything for me.

I used orange and orange and got a purple tulip, which I then bred with another orange to get another purple.
The trick I use to speed up getting hybrids is to only work on one specific colour at a time. If you ONLY water your orange tulips and no other flowers in your town, you're much more likely to get them to spawn, which should mean more chances for purple tulips :) For example, at the moment in my spare town yesterday I only watered a set of 10 blue roses which were laid out in a checkerboard pattern. The next day they had spawned 4 more, no fertilizer or anything. In both my towns I have beautiful ordinance. Hope that helps, good luck :)

I haven't got any yet, but the way I understand it it's initially Orange X Orange. I think the people experiencing purples with other colours had a bit or orange in them from their parent flowers somewhere along the line?

I'll try only watering my oranges tomorrow. I already watered everything today. Thanks for all of the input! Next will be the darn purple pansies. :p

I got purple from 2 orange tulips, now I'm trying to get a second one so I can start mass-producing purple tulips :)

I got purple from black x black, but I don't see that combo on thonky's guide...

I've only managed to get four or dive purple tulips, but I still haven't gotten a single blue rose despite having about 30-40 of those special red roses needed... Hmmph...

The official guide book says you need black and pink tulips to make purple. I've yet to grow any T_T

I have over 12 Orange Tulips all arranged in the X pattern and I only ever get Orange or Black. So weird.

After reading this thread I remembered I have purple tulips -- I have 6. I did not realize they are rare.

I just started breeding flowers. No one has visited my town nor have I purchased any purple tulips.

According to the Prima Guide ---- purple tulips come from a black and pink tulip. I have a few pink tulips but I have never seen a black tulip.

Is it possible one of the villagers planted the purple tulips?

Back