• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

[Q] Villagers leaving.

Elude

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Hello :)

I have a question which I can't find the answer to online - it is about a villager moving out.

I have received several warnings/gossips from other Villagers that Francine (rabbit) is planning on moving out, I am honestly freaked out about this as I have developed a liking to her (and she was one of my starting villagers), and really don't want her to leave. So, I have spent over 30 minutes continuously talking to her, trying to get her to allow me the option of getting her to stay (I know this is not a guaranteed thing, but still), however I have received no option to do so, just as I have not received a 'ping' from her...

What can I do or should I do? and is this normal?

Thank you for reading this thread, and potentially helping out a 'stressed out'/'worried' Mayor.

hello! you can exit your game without saving, and when you log in again, if you approach her she'll most likely ping. however if she doesn't, repeat until she does. good luck.

Last edited:
you need ti make her ping you, either exit the game and reload or leave her alone and krep out of her sight for a few minutes. then walk in front of you and she will hopefully ping and tell you about her plans!

As both above said. If you chose not to save and quit then it can take a long time to get her to ping you with the request. I spent a good few hours doing the same with Portia a few weeks ago.

Sorry about the delayed reply, thank you for much for everyone's response. I did manage to save Francine (Yay! :D), I got her to ping me on the 3rd reset/Save-and-quit :)

Thanks again! (And, might be a bit late, but, Happy New Year! ^^)

I'm glad you were able to save her! I came here to suggest the save and quit method as well! Glad you got to keep your villager <3!

Back