• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

QR codes and pattern newbie...

Thouser8751

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I am embarrased to ask this, but is there any link that anyone could provide that could help me with whatever these QR codes and pattern thing is? In all the older versions, I never understood patterns and would really like to play New Leaf to its fullest, but don't understand anything about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

QR codes are actually pretty simple. All you do is open up your game go to the sewing machine in Mabel and Sable's shop. (the sewing machine has to unlocked for you to do this. All you have to do is befriend Sable by talking to her for a certain amount of days.) You go up to the sewing machine, and there should be an option for scan QR codes. And that's pretty much it.
Of course you would have to go find a pattern/design you liked first. There's a lot of Japanese blogs out there with really amazing path designs and clothes.
Hope this helped ^^

There's a few phone apps out there, too. The one on the Apple iTunes store allows you to make QR codes from your photos. I believe there's an Android version as well. (You can find videos demonstrating them on youtube.)

All you do is scan the code and WOOHOO. You have yourself a new design :3

There's a few phone apps out there, too. The one on the Apple iTunes store allows you to make QR codes from your photos. I believe there's an Android version as well. (You can find videos demonstrating them on youtube.)

Um...YAY?!!! I know what I am looking for when I get home from work!

Thank you all! When you say "scan" - is there something on animal crossing new leaf that "scans" a code in, or do you manually put in the numbers and somehow tell it that you want a shirt or dress? I get so confused because it seems like some players use designs to put on pathways, etc. Would that work the same way? Say I have a QR code of a pattern that I really like, can I pave my town with that design too?

Thank you!

When you have achieved a certain goal in the game, a QR machine becomes available at the Able Sisters. Using this device you can then scan QR codes you find on the web, or wherever, and it will bring the pattern/design into the game for you.

It's pretty easy.

From what I've seen, the machine at Able Sisters allows you to use your 3DS camera to scan a code.
The apps let you take a picture/use a picture with your mobile phone (or ipod, etc.) and then convert it to a QR code at the touch of a button.

I don't think that app creates QR codes you can use to receive patterns. SOmeone has to manually create a pattern in the game then convert it to a QR code.

Here's the one I was looking at. I have one for my ipod touch, but I'm not sure if it's the same one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-MkKYDBM4A

So yes, it does look like you can create the codes and make patterns just like that.

WHOAH! *drools*

---

I never made patterns in WW. It was always too confusing to me even with online tools. NL looks easier, but I still don't see how these people make such amazing designs! Especially clothing. How creative people, HOW??? Either I'm horribly untalented or I'm missing something. Probably horribly untalented. :confused:

I still hope to get into it, though. Maybe I can at least get the hang of copying photos. :rolleyes: I figured it would be a good way to pass the time on road trips.

Back