• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Question about breeding flowers

AnimalCrossngAddict

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
After 3 months of game play I have decided to start breeding flowers.

I have 8 or 9 orange roses that came up on their own.

Can I place all off the orange roses together to get more orange roses?

Thank you for all replies!!!!

Yes, place them in a checkerboard pattern like this (all X's are flowers, O's are empty spots):

XOXOXOXOXO
OXOXOXOXOX
XOXOXOXOXO

Also, genetics takes a role this time around.
If your orange flowers were made by red and yellow, it means they carry the R & Y genes and can make yellow and red roses as well as orange

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread, AnimalCrossngAddict, as I don't want to create a brand new thread for a simple question of mine. :)

How do you guys tell if your Red rose is a Hybrid Red rose? Are there any aesthetic differences between the roses? I've gotten a few Red roses from combining a few other colours but I'm having issues telling which are the hybrids and which are just normal roses.

Plant the roses you want to breed on the beach. Any that spawn there will be hybrids as villagers don't plant flowers there.

Back