• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

QUESTION about secondary towns c:

whimsy

perfect peach 🍑✨
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0118-0130-0745
Heart of the Forest
Dreamy Bear Plush
Friday the 13th Candy
Voodoo Doll
Spring Sakura
Purple Bat Potion
Pavé
Spring Shamrock
Peach (Fruit)
Ancient Candle
So I know a lot of people have more than one town and I'm just wondering if you have to buy a whole new game cartridge to create one, or if you can just pop in a blank SD card instead. I was looking around online to see if there was any way I would be able to save some of my items before I reset my town and what I found said that the information is stored on the game cartridge itself which makes it seem like I'd have to get a new one, but since you're also able to download a digital copy of the game if you prefer there has to be some sort of internal mechanism as well??

Oh God this probably doesn't make any sense sorry D:

You need to buy a cartridge if you already have a digital town on your 3DS.
If you want to trade between towns, you will need another 3DS.

If you start a new town on a new SD Card, it will actually overwrite your old town when you pop it in again (digital only) because it ends up not matching up to the SD card saves :0

I don't have a digital copy, though, so would I be able to have two copies on two SD cards or would I still need either two cartridges or both a cartridge and a digital copy?? Thanks for the quick response c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok I think you guys answered my question ^^ Thanks a ton!! xx

If you have the physical copy then there is no save data on the SD card. If you want another town then you would just have to buy another cartridge (or a digital version) not another SD card.

Last edited:
Cartridges save on the cartridge. Digitals save on the SD card. You can have only 1 SD card save. Putting in a new SD card will remove your old town's data. That's not good.
You can have 5478949387 cartridges (although, if you do, good luck, lol) and they all will save on the cartridge.
(Hope it helped your other question?)

I have 2 towns on 2 systems.

1. With 2 systems you can trade between the towns.
2. Lots more furniture, accessories etc.
3. 20 villagers.
4. Share fossils
5. First town can have the Beautiful ordinance. This could be the town for breeding flowers.
Second town would have the money ordinance. If you go this route only 1 town will make lots of money with perfect fruit.

If you end up having a 2nd town --- advance the date by several months. You can play in 2 different seasons.

It is lots of fun ---- but a lot of work!!!!!!!!

Back