• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Questions on; holding villagers and TBTs

songoftheskies

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
First, the simple one ;
What are the point of TBTs ? ; A ;
I'm fairly new, and I have no idea what you use for them, how you're deducted, etc.

The other question ;
Holding villagers.
So I don't really like auctioining off my villagers, I never have done it, but I feel like giveaways are more
practical. I see someone post that they want so-and-so, I post back that I have them available.
I never ask for any form of payment back -and I always give blue roses to whoever visits to pick up a villager//whenever I'm visiting someone else.

So lately, I've had four villagers that I was holding, for different people. i felt partial to them, and they
really wanted these villagers, so I decided to help them out. I told them that as soon as I got their moving date,
I would allow them to pick them up. ( one of these people were on a different forum, but the rest here, I will not hint at names or anything, however )

Note that at the same time, I was trying to get my own dream villagers, and the other six that I were keeping were my dreamies, so there was no way that I'd TT them out. Basically, I would only TT the four that I had reserved out.

So naturally, when I get the moving dates, I contact the other party and wait for them to go online, reply back.
At first, I give them small updates, about what's going on, when I'd be ready. They reply at first, very polite, kind, and patient, keeping up with the stuff. Then, when I do get them to move out and in boxes, they don't reply. Nothing. They've been online, they've posted in other forums, but they just completely ignore me. And note that I only TT villagers to boxes when someone ELSE is holding a dreamie for me -so far, many people on here have been very kind about helping me get my dreamies, I feel very inconvenient and impolite if I don't make an effort to reciprocate that kindness. So, I do what I can to get a response out of the person I am reserving a villager for.

They don't reply, and I have no choice but to void//post them to tumblr.
However, this entire ordeal is making me feel very guilty. Because I WAS the one who contacted them myself, offering to give them a villager -I just didn't think they'd ignore me//take so long.
So my question is, am I being really unfair ? ; A ;
And I know my PMs are getting through, so why isn't anyone replying ?

Thanks for the help guys !

Question 1 - TBT bells can be used to purchase some collectible items, such as the new birthstones (they don't give any benefit, as such), but you can also use them to buy some mailboxes, these can increase how many PM's you can hold (when you first join, your mailbox can only hold 75 PM's, both sent and incoming)

Question 2 - No, I don't think so.. You offered the villager to them after all, you shouldn't have to feel guilty if they're not replying.. You've taken time out of your day to notice a dreamy of theirs is one of yours you want to cycle out, and then PM'd them about it and put the work in to cycle them out.. You're the one putting yourself out there, and then they just ignore you (there is no reason why they would ignore you, I wouldn't think, the PMs would send, and they'd get a notification)

So a remedy could be, just forget noticing people having dreamies, and simply do giveaway threads in the Villager Trading Plaza section.. It's not a nice option, since you've found someone who wants a villager as a dreamy, but it can stop this feeling of guilt, which shouldn't be :)

Hope I helped, haha

Question 1 - TBT bells can be used to purchase some collectible items, such as the new birthstones (they don't give any benefit, as such), but you can also use them to buy some mailboxes, these can increase how many PM's you can hold (when you first join, your mailbox can only hold 75 PM's, both sent and incoming)

Question 2 - No, I don't think so.. You offered the villager to them after all, you shouldn't have to feel guilty if they're not replying.. You've taken time out of your day to notice a dreamy of theirs is one of yours you want to cycle out, and then PM'd them about it and put the work in to cycle them out.. You're the one putting yourself out there, and then they just ignore you (there is no reason why they would ignore you, I wouldn't think, the PMs would send, and they'd get a notification)

So a remedy could be, just forget noticing people having dreamies, and simply do giveaway threads in the Villager Trading Plaza section.. It's not a nice option, since you've found someone who wants a villager as a dreamy, but it can stop this feeling of guilt, which shouldn't be :)

Hope I helped, haha

Aah thank you for the answers to both questions, you've helped a lot and I feel tons better already ! ; u ;
Yeah, at first I was worried that my PMs weren't sending, but all the ones that I sent to other people were being received fine, so that couldn't have been the problem. I just don't get why'd they wouldn't reply if there's nothing for them to lose ; A ;

But again, thanks so much, giveaways are probably what I'll do from now on ! * U *

Aah thank you for the answers to both questions, you've helped a lot and I feel tons better already ! ; u ;
Yeah, at first I was worried that my PMs weren't sending, but all the ones that I sent to other people were being received fine, so that couldn't have been the problem. I just don't get why'd they wouldn't reply if there's nothing for them to lose ; A ;

But again, thanks so much, giveaways are probably what I'll do from now on ! * U *

Yeah I mean it's their loss really D: .. But hey, hopefully you'll have some happy customers during your giveaways :D

Back