• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Quick Q regarding SD NL Save File Data

FunkyCrunky81

♡ Crossing in Cupcakia ♡
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
So, I have 2 DS consoles and 3 copies of NL. One is a XL 3DS and the other a regular 3DS.

The XL console I have a digital download so the save file and NL is saved onto the SD card for that console, and the regular 3DS is the one which I use the physical copies of NL swapping and changing.

However, I was wondering if I were to put one of the physical copies into the XL, would it create extra data on that SD card or not?

The XL's SD card has only ever been used with the digital download version so has data from that, but if I put a physical copy in I don't want it creating any extra data from the physical copy. I know they won't clash, but I intended on attempting a backup.

(I know peeps will tell me it's not possible to backup NL, but I managed to move my NL data from a regular 4GB SD card to a 8GB wifi enabled SD card. So in some way or another it must be capable of backing up if you can do that as long as you're using the same console).

Thanks in advance,
-Lisa.

The physical copies save to the game cartridge. Only if you take pictures in-game would those be saved to your SD card.

However both games will save data for streetpassing -- i have no idea where that is in your system, but whichever game I have saved most recently is the one I streetpass out, whether the cartridge is in there or not. i assume that is on your SD card but I would guess it is NOT part of your game save but is something else.

Maybe look for data on a 3DS that does not have a dl copy and see where it's saving that?

Back