8301-8235-7817
Fresh Balloon
Fresh Balloon
Rad Balloon
Rotating Fool's Egg
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg
Quirky Doll
Weird Doll
So you may have been wondering why I have been on hiatus.

I left because I needed a break. I was planning on leaving the collectible community when I returned, but I just now found out about the changes that are going to happen to TBT, and have finally decided that I’m done with everything and will leave TBT.

I only joined back in 2015 because I needed something better than Animal Crossing Community. (By the way, ACC STILL hasn’t upgraded to 2.0 while TBT is about to upgrade to 3.0. Things like this make me realize that if TBT dies it’ll go out with a bang, while ACC will be mostly forgotten and then one day people will realize “oh, it’s gone”. lol) Basically this whole time has been me trying to convince myself that TBT is far better than ACC. It has a bell shop, unlike ACC! It has up to date forum software, unlike ACC! It has rules that weren’t taken straight from Nsider 15 years ago, unlike ACC!

After four (more like two and a half due to all the hiatuses)years of experience, I’ve realized and accepted that ACC and TBT are equally bad, just in two completely different ways.

TBT has given me much stress and frustration over the years. I have taken many hiatuses in an attempt to solve these issues, including a 7 month long one in 2018 that I only ended because I wanted prizes from the Christmas event. Whenever I return from a hiatus, things are fine at first, but then the anger quickly comes back.

And now with the big upgrade on the way, I feel like I wouldn’t be able to adjust after being with the TBT I’ve known and TRIED to love for so long. amiibo Festival was all the rage(literally) when I first joined. Things are different now.

The painful wait for a new proper Animal Crossing game has mentally drained my energy and motivation throughout the entirety of my teenage years(I was turning 13 in 2016 and I’m going to be 17 this May), so I feel like I wouldn’t be able to do this all over again for the next game. I’m making the Switch the last Nintendo console I buy not counting any older ones I may buy in the future(I’ve had the Switch since launch but outside of SSBU I haven’t gotten much use out of it), and New Horizons my last Animal Crossing game. If the game released in 2017 or even 2018 I probably would’ve been able to do the Animal Crossing release cycle all over again, but the wait has been so long that I feel so disconnected from... everything. New Horizons took three years after the system it’s on released, as opposed to ACWW’s one or ACCF’s and ACNL’s two. The gap in between New Horizons and the next game will likely be a full decade. I can’t do that, especially since by then I’ll have the responsibilities that come with being an adult. Things won’t be the same. Things haven’t been the same. Animal Crossing doesn’t have any of the charm it did in the 2000s. It’s best to end my journey here.

If you want my 3DS or Switch FC or to say your goodbyes, go ahead. I think I’ll be deleting my final (and perhaps best) ACNL town soon and will play New Horizons for a year or two then quit. But after March, I’m out of here.

I know I’m not the greatest person around, but I hope I made someone’s day here. I have a lot of Wi-Fi ratings on here from ACNL trades back in the day, and I think the achievement I accomplished on TBT I’m most happy about is Wi-Fi sessions going a lot better than on ACC. I think I’ve played with a hundred people from here...

That’s all. I don’t think anyone will miss me. I wouldn’t miss myself either if a clone of myself left. Haha.

(Also, unrelated, but recently Kirby’s Rainbow Resort died after hanging by a thread for years. The reason? Outdated coding that couldn’t stay stitched together any longer. Makes me wonder if ACC will suffer the same fate if the staff never get to finishing 2.0...)

Back