• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Raik's Sigs

RaiK

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I jsut started using Photoshop to make sigs again, and learned new techniques...but they still suck...

sgfdfyv1.jpg

For edit you need 41 posts.

And those are much better than what I can make D=

for the one with the wolfish thing - a little white on the left side of the render, but that can be fixed easily. Also, it's ok to use brushes, kinda spices up the sig, but don't overpower it, I'm sing quite a bit of brush in that and it seems almost as if it's eating up the character lol, also, a border would be good, I used to not use borders, then I started, and they look much better. But it's a good sig, it could just use some finishing touches

the yoshi one is probably better than most (if not all) of mine

Yeah...I was gonna put in a border, but it slipped my mind when I finished...

Also, I need 41 posts just to edit a post?? Thats gonna take a while...

RaiK said:

41 posts won't take long at all.

;)

.bored said:
RaiK said:

41 posts won't take long at all.

;)
At the rate Im going, it will...

OddCrazyMe said:
YogurtBandit said:
Brushes are fail.
So what's that in your sig?
those aren't brushes

it's probably a background he found online. IMO, brushes are better than backgrounds as long as you don't overdo it. It takes more creativity and it gives the sig a more original and customized look.

TheGremp said:
OddCrazyMe said:
YogurtBandit said:
Brushes are fail.
So what's that in your sig?
those aren't brushes

it's probably a background he found online. IMO, brushes are better than backgrounds as long as you don't overdo it. It takes more creativity and it gives the sig a more original and customized look.
Yeah...well, I read a few tutorials on Grunge sigs, and they all kept telling me to go crazy with the bushes, so I jsut said, whatever...

I do agree it looks good for a grunge sig, I've actually been in your position before

MarioStrikersdarkertext.jpg

I went a bit crazy with the brushes lol

there's nothing to be ashamed of using a ton of brushes, it's an experiment and it makes it look good, but with most people, they won't respect your work if you overdo the brushes, but as Prop always says, as long as it looks good. Eventually you'll be able to make sigs with little or no brushes whatsoever and make them look just as good

Yeah...although, I do rather like how the one in my sig currently turned out. I think the large usage of Grunge brushes worked well this time...

Kay, I made a few more today...and since I still dont have enough posts to edit my previous posts, here they are:

sig2nj6.jpg

sig3sd0.jpg

sig4it4.jpg

sig5hv4.jpg

RaiK said:
Kay, I made a few more today...and since I still dont have enough posts to edit my previous posts, here they are:

sig2nj6.jpg

sig3sd0.jpg

sig4it4.jpg

sig5hv4.jpg
my comments:

first one, looks cool, but do you use layers? cause I'm seing some scrathes in front of her and not in the background

:( but the sig itself looks stylish.

second one, it could use some work on the render, and once again, the brushes are in front of the render.

third, the camo-ish background doesn't really match the gun, but it's not terribly clashed. Is that gun from Quake?

fourth, some extreme brushes in front, doesn't look too pretty like that

some tips:

work with layers, make a layer that's the render and another layer that's the background, and only use brushes on the background

brushes do fit with grunge but you should experiment and try some different styles. It's not healthy growing to use brushes on every sig, you need to get some experience by trying new things and making a sig look just as cool without putting a ton of brushes in.

Also, I'd recommend putting your name in the sigs, adds some style, and it adds your own little signature on your work.

But no worries, you're a good artist and will get better as you go

:)

Back