• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Random Sprite Blob(s)

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Well, thanks to Ultra's help, I've managed to create a sprite from scratch. I really don't know what he is...its like a blob...but it resembles a fish, sorta...slightly...

Anyway, here he is:

fishiw6.png

phishue7.png

How's it look for a begginer-spriter and my first one ever made from scratch?
I know I need to work on my shading a lot...I keep using shades too close to the original color. >.<

Better than my first scratch. I think the shading's off, and there should be some on the thing sticking out of it's head. Also, make the outline something other than solid black, maybe like a dark orange, for the shaded areas, and lighter for areas w/o it.

Flygon said:
Better than my first scratch. I think the shading's off, and there should be some on the thing sticking out of it's head. Also, make the outline something other than solid black, maybe like a dark orange, for the shaded areas, and lighter for areas w/o it.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Gengar, where exactly was your light coming from?

UltraByte said:
Flygon said:

>_<

Supposedly the top, a little over to the side with the thing sticking out of his head...

*goes to re-do*

Gengar said:
UltraByte said:
Flygon said:

>_<

Supposedly the top, a little over to the side with the thing sticking out of his head...

*goes to re-do*
Ah, I see. If the light's coming from there, why is the right side of the fish thingy shaded?

UltraByte said:
Gengar said:
UltraByte said:
Flygon said:

>_<

*goes to re-do*
Ah, I see. If the light's coming from there, why is the right side of the fish thingy shaded?
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

*goes to re-do immediatly*

Okay everyone, I revised him. The one on the front page is the revised one.

The outlines are no longer solid black, and the shading on his right side is...well, gone.

:p

UltraByte said:
It looks pretty good now for a first scratch sprite.
=D

I'm working on a second one...

I ended up drawing like 15 of these little fish/blob guys. (One's like a shark/whale, though. :p)

*is working on new one already*

Should I show you all the picture of these fish/blob things? I could sketch 'em all up in paint real quick so you know what the sprites are supposed to look like...

Back