• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Restrarting and New Town...

ItsMilkypink

In love with Gerard Way
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Red Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Hi!

I'm going to be restarting my game on 1/1, and, since I'm going to have a blank slate, I decided to look for some ideas and tips.

Any town names would be nice, as I'm a little bored of my usual one. I'm going for a more natural, wooded town if that helps. Lots of fruit trees and picnic areas etc.

Any general advice on hybrids would be good. I've never gotten seriously into breeding or anything, so some tips and pointers would be helpful.

Finally, anything I should reset/look for in a town/town map. I have a lot of free time, so I can reset for things like local fruit etc. Anything I should look out for would be appriciated! :blush:

Thanks in advance! ♥

How's Wood, Tree, Sapling, Cedar, or Rosewood for town names? I kind of went all out when you said that you were making a natural town.
But as for hybrids, do you mean which flowers breed which hybrids? If so, here's a guide.
I won't be able to help too much with town maps since I just go with whatever I get first. I remember seeing a detailed guide about choosing maps but I can't seem to find it. Here's the map guide I found instead.

Hello, I will also be doing the 1/1 reset :)

The things I'm going to look out for in my town map would be:
- small amount of ponds. If you like ponds, that's fine, but I just find they get in the way.
- if you're going to put paths down, figure out where, and see if there are any things like rocks or ponds in the way
- and honestly, just a layout that you like! You might like the layout of the river or the beach, what ever suits you.

As for hybrids, it's a lot easier if you get a gold watering can, I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you one. Also, make sure you have a lot of space if you're going to do a lot of breeding, sometimes the beach is a good place to breed because there is lots of room for the flowers to pop up.

And for town names, hereis a site that is specifically made for thinking of ACNL town names. It has heaps of prefixes and suffixes.

These are just some suggestions from me:
Hazelnut
A name with "wood" on the end (rockwood, rainwood, lilywood)

Hope that helps, I highly recommend checking out the website :)

Maps are very subjective. Do you want a windy river or a straight river? Do you want a south facing waterfall or a normal one? Do you want both ramps to lead to the same bit of beach?

I actually think Tweedy - in your signature - is a super cute town name.

Maps are very subjective. Do you want a windy river or a straight river? Do you want a south facing waterfall or a normal one? Do you want both ramps to lead to the same bit of beach?

I actually think Tweedy - in your signature - is a super cute town name.

Thank you! It's actually based off of my street name; I've been using it for quite a while now ^^

We all look for different things, so my advice is to choose a map that you like. I don't bother with many PWPs, so I actually like having a few ponds because I feel they help break up large areas of land. After you choose a map and get off the train, walk around and really look at the town. Look at the color of the buildings, the fruit and the grass pattern. See how many rocks there are and where they're located. If you dislike something at that point, simply start the process again. There is no such thing as a perfect town, but whatever you choose should make you happy when you look at it.

We all look for different things, so my advice is to choose a map that you like. I don't bother with many PWPs, so I actually like having a few ponds because I feel they help break up large areas of land. After you choose a map and get off the train, walk around and really look at the town. Look at the color of the buildings, the fruit and the grass pattern. See how many rocks there are and where they're located. If you dislike something at that point, simply start the process again. There is no such thing as a perfect town, but whatever you choose should make you happy when you look at it.

Thanks for the advice!

How about Lignum as your town name? It's Latin for Forest, Wood, Log, Timber, etc.

ROCKS...run through the town and count rocks. Rocks will be the death of any good plan! Ponds are few, typically, but rocks are sneaky and can ruin your plans!

ROCKS...run through the town and count rocks. Rocks will be the death of any good plan! Ponds are few, typically, but rocks are sneaky and can ruin your plans!

I'll be sure to check all the rocks! Thank you!

- - - Post Merge - - -

How about Lignum as your town name? It's Latin for Forest, Wood, Log, Timber, etc.

That's a fantastic idea! Thank you very much.

Back