Rock spitting out gems instead of bells.. O_o

Jamie

#1 Alfonso Fan
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So I start up my game, and am hunting down the daily bell rock, right? I go to hit my last rock in town (digging holes behind myself so I don't miss), and I start hitting it. It bounces back like usual (even making the noise)... but then spits out a gem. I keep hitting it... and it spits out more. 8 total, 5 sapphires and 3 emeralds.

Anyone else gotten this fancy rock? I was wondering how common it is.

EDIT - Nevermind, I finally found it on google. Apparently this can happen sometimes with a silver shovel. Didn't know that! ^_^

Last edited:
Once a day, just like the money rock. The gems can be sold or used to "decorate" items (depending on what gem) I know Jake has a well detailed guide, you can look up "bidoofcrossing tumblr" and go to his master post, and look for it. (Not entirely sure which tab)

EDIT: Since you had multiple gems, you must have been using the gold or silver (again not entirely sure) cause when using one of those tools, it makes hitting your money rock have a chance to spit out gems.

Once a day, just like the money rock. The gems can be sold or used to "decorate" items (depending on what gem) I know Jake has a well detailed guide, you can look up "bidoofcrossing tumblr" and go to his master post, and look for it. (Not entirely sure which tab)

I'm pretty sure this gem rock isn't an everyday thing... (I'm not talking about the 1 new, breakable rock that pops up everyday, if you read my post.)

I'm pretty sure this gem rock isn't an everyday thing... (I'm not talking about the 1 new, breakable rock that pops up everyday, if you read my post.)

I believe he's saying that once a day you have a chance of getting this gem rock (instead of the money or regular gem rock) but it only occurs with silver or gold shovels. With a regular shovel regular results occur.

Back