• And we're back! Mushroom Season continues on The Bell Tree with an all-new mysterious set of Foraged Mushrooms. Good luck foraging and identifying!

RPG Maker 3

Megamannt125

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Anyone got this game? I've had it for a long time, i've yet to finish my game, or even come close, I personally think RPG Maker 2 is better though because there's alot more customization, but ALOT more complicated to make. I just figured out I can use the same keyboard i'm using on my wii with my PS2 so i've been working on my game lately.

My friend who likes to make custom games with GameMaker said RPG maker was a rip-off.. I've yet to try it out though.

Nikoking said:
My friend who likes to make custom games with GameMaker said RPG maker was a rip-off.. I've yet to try it out though.
Well RPG Maker 2 is a rip-off of Final Fantasy for sure, they should've called it Final Fantasy Maker 2, but then in 3 they changed is drasticly to make it less FF-ish.
It's pretty fun, but unless you get a USB keyboard, doing in-game text is like a chore.

Clown Town said:
im making a RPG using c++... id rather not have to pay royalties if i make alot of money
I only play it to make ideas and such, one day if I reach my goal and become a successful anime/manga/video game company I wish to make my own RPG using these ideas, i've had the same basic story for years for it and have made many different versions of the same game (once on RPG makers 2, 3 times on RPG Maker 3) The basic story is always the same though, four warriors chosen by the gods have to kill a demon. Although the four warriors have went through many changes since I first thought of them, the main antagonist has not changed one bit, I like to think ahead, I already have most of my career in video games and manga planned out.

Bacon Boy said:
Lemme guess, They have pc versions as well as ps2/etc. versions, but no mac. :<
RPG Maker 1 is on Playstation RPG Maker 2 and 3 are on PS2, and all the other versions are on PC.

Back