• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Seven Minute Overview/Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulbadragon

🌸☔🌈
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Froggy Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Peach (Fruit)
Pumpkin Cupcake
Wallopoid
Purple Bat Potion
Ghostly Preserves
Voodoo Doll
So, of course I'm keeping up with the latest news on www.ac3dsblog.com, and I saw the trailer. I was watching it, and didn't see a thread for it. I know there's a information thread, but I think it's much more suitable to have a thread to discuss only this.

New Features I saw...

Being Mayor of your Town:
Many new decorations, like a hammock and a little zen garden(?)
It appears that you can change what kind of town you want (beautiful, early rising, late night, or rich)
When you build a new bridge, villagers will gather on it at its opening and everyone will have party poppers.
Instead of being chosen for town mayor, it seems you are mistaken as the new one.

Furniture and Shops:
New furniture themes (Rose/flower, seashell, space center are just a few)
The Able Sisters are in the shopping center, beside the Nook twins' store. It looks like Shampoodle may be above it, because the building is two stories and there a barber pole thing on the side of it.
If you didn't know before, at R Parkers, you can sell furniture or remake it. I wonder if you get more bells for furniture at R Parkers or the Nook twins' store (or what you can sell at their shop at all)
Tom Nook's store is beside the post office. Here, you can change the style of door, fence, mailbox, etc.
Kent, Shizue's brother, lets you in the model home area. You can buy furniture you like.
This isn't in the video, but once you upgrade Timmy and Tommy's store enough, Gracie will be on their 3rd floor. (This was from a tweet by the AC:JO Twitter page)

Wifi:
It seems that only 3 people can visit your town at a time, like in the past games.

Island:
It costs 1000 bells to visit the island. You can catch rare bugs and fish there.
You can rent a dive suit to catch living things that are in the ocean. A shadow and bubbles will tell you were something is.
You can do tours, which are mini games. You can play with your friends or total strangers, so you can play anytime (with wifi)

Town:
At the fireworks show, Red has a stand set up.
It appears you can buy a swimsuit and dive off the beaches of your town.

Game:
There is a downloadble version.
With the Japanese 3DS XL, it comes with the downloadable version. I don't know if that means it doesn't include a physical copy, but it would make sense because it doesn't need both. As far as I know, both are the same.

[If you see anything else in the video that I don't have, tell me and I'll add it.]

I don't think that a new thread is more suitable than the other ones. Moreover, there is an already existing thread just about the Overview Video.
Additionally there are tons of other threads concentrating on some points that you mention, and then there is the general information thread in which all news are discussed.

Thread focussing on the Overview Trailer:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?63024-New-Video

Thread focussing on the Multiplayer of AC:JO:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?62938-6-People-in-Multiplayer-!

Thread focussing on the Island:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?62839-The-Tropical-Island-Requirements

Thread focussing on Town Decoration:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?63010-Town-Decoration

There also are several threads about furniture, shops and so on. Plus, there is no need to create a new thread for every new inch of information anyway.

So you told me there was already a thread about it four times because...? I got it after once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back