• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Smash Bros Shields: Love, hate, or neutral?

Bubble Shields: Love, hate, or neutral about them?

• Love

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Hate

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Neutral

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters
I love using shields. They are a bit too strong, as a nearly fully charged Flare Blade from Roy can't smash it, but if you do, you can smash them into the sun. It feels nice to block attacks, and it is almost an absorbing dodge.

Last edited:
I like them whenever I fight a projectile spammer and I'm using a character without any way to fight back against projectiles (IE donkey kong, ganondorf) but really they are ridiculous in Sm4sh. Shield breaker's supposed to break shields, not reduce them to about 10% even when charged.

Perfect shields are silly. I say that shield breaking moves shouldn't be able to be perfect shielded because that kind of defeats the purpose. If you really for some reason can't escape the shield break by rolling or dodging or even just jabbing the attacker then you deserve to be knocked back or have your shield broken.

Although villager's pocket with trees, bowling balls, cannon balls, or charged energy spheres are also silly. But keep them because it's satisfying to teach a spamus that it's not okay to only ever use B and side-B.

Back