• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Should I demolish this bridge?

MattKimura

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Orange (Fruit)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Gold Super Mailbox
Dusty Scroll
Ancient Lantern
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
50 Envelopes
I need opinions from you guys, about demolishing a bridge in my town. This game is weird, where you can have a bridge built, but if someone moves around it and you demolish it and try to rebuilt it, it won't let you.

This bridge here is close to one of my character's house, and I really want to change it into a modern bridge. I'm afraid that once I demolish it, I can't ever built one there. It's an important bridge, and my character has way too much stuff to move somewhere else.

Here's an image of where my bridge is:
http://prntscr.com/1rbah9

The red dot is where a house used to be, and I wasn't able to rebuild a bridge there because of that house. But now that villager moved and I rebuilt my bridge

Last edited:
I don't know if it would work, but maybe you could save and order the demo right before a new AC day starts, and then try to build a bridge there. If Isabelle won't let you, then quit without saving.

But the house might be far enough away that you could build the new bridge where the old one was. I'd lean towards you being able to build it, but who knows with Isabelle, which is why I thought of the above.

I don't know if it would work, but maybe you could save and order the demo right before a new AC day starts, and then try to build a bridge there. If Isabelle won't let you, then quit without saving.

But the house might be far enough away that you could build the new bridge where the old one was. I'd lean towards you being able to build it, but who knows with Isabelle, which is why I thought of the above.

Thanks, this is exactly what I think. The old house before was too close, but this house now has a far enough space. I'll have to give it a shot to know.

Am I able to demolish and build on the same day?

Thanks, this is exactly what I think. The old house before was too close, but this house now has a far enough space. I'll have to give it a shot to know.

Am I able to demolish and build on the same day?
No, unfortunately. You can commission a project and then schedule a demo (before you've paid off the commissioned project and it wouldn't work in this case anyway) in the same day, but you can't demo and then build something in the same day.

EDIT: That's why I thought of saving and scheduling the demo right before a new AC day starts (which I think is at 6am?). Then after 6am, try to build the bridge. The game would see it as separate days I think.

Last edited:
No, unfortunately. You can commission a project and then schedule a demo (before you've paid off the commissioned project and it wouldn't work in this case anyway) in the same day, but you can't demo and then build something in the same day.

EDIT: That's why I thought of saving and scheduling the demo right before a new AC day starts (which I think is at 6am?). Then after 6am, try to build the bridge. The game would see it as separate days I think.

doesn't the game save automatically at 6am, though? so even if OP couldn't rebuild the bridge, they wouldnt be able to get it back by resetting.

Last edited:
doesn't the game save automatically at 6am, though? so if even if OP couldn't rebuild the bridge, they wouldnt be able to get it back by resetting.
That I do not know, I can't remember if it did the few times I was playing early in the morning. That's why I said I wasn't sure if it would work in my first post (although looking back I have no idea why I didn't mention it).

Thinking about it, it would make sense for the game to auto save then. Otherwise people would try to reset for new items in shops and stuff.

Last edited:
Back