• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

SM64 Screenshot #3: Walking in a Winter Wonderland... Risking my Life!

xSuperMario64x

brief hiatus
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Flower Glow Wand
Galaxy Cupcake
Planet Glow Wand
Tetris Grid
Heart Glow Wand
Welcome back to my SM64 Screenshot blog, your source for in-game comments, straight from Super Mario 64's #1 fan! Happy December, y'all! Time to bust out the Christmas lights, swirly candy canes, and jolly holiday tunes! While everyone's having fun in the snow this Winter, our friend Mario will be taking on a much bigger task...

Walking in a Winter Wonderland... Risking my Life!
View attachment 237341

Here, we see a Chill Bully in his natural habitat: an icy platform, sturdy enough to support a 15 ton, angry sphere of ice, directly above a lake that happens to be .00000001° above the freezing point of water (or perhaps it's liquid nitrogen and freezes at -346°F).

Now, this Chill Bully wants nothing more than to see you fall to your death into his vicious pool of liquid nitrogen. Nobody really understands why his creed is nothing more than bullying people, but I don't know, maybe that's why he's called a bully. When you see this big, ice-block-head, you better haul a$$ 'cause he's gonna charge at you like a raging bull!

Therefore, the one and only hero of the Mushroom Kingdom, Supra Mayro, must use hit wit and bravery to take down the icy behemoth. How shall it be done? By punching him right in the eyeballs, of course! Mario's punch is enough to knock the Chill bully back a few feet, but a shove back will send Mario flying into the -345° pool of liquid nitrogen, in turn causing him to fly 15ft up into the air, sometimes back onto the platform where the Chill Bully can stomp on his tiny little feet as he continuously pleads in pain!

The Chill Bully is indeed the most ruthless and merciless creature you will ever encounter in this brisk winter wonderland. He defies the meaning of Christmas spirit, and does so with a smile in his frozen heart. Perhaps he is the reason why the level's name is a pun on "No Man's Land", because no man would want to come here and have to deal with his crap!

If you'd like to make a recommendation on what I should comment on next, let me know! Tune in next time for the next SM64 Screenshot blog entry!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,342
Back