Keely

Addicted
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
Cake
I started playing Animal Crossing this morning at 11am, as did a few of my friends/family members.
Apparently, when you walk into your Tent after it gets built, Isabelle is supposed to give you a lantern.
This happened within hour 1-2 for my friends/family. It's been 10 hours for me, and still nothing.
I have completed all the "Mayor chores", Paid off my debt, Logged on/off multiple times, and walked in and out of my tent countless times. Still, no Lantern lol
What am I missing? I know It's just a lantern, but still...

She does something similar later on after you upgrade from the tent where she gives you a wallpaper. When she did it for me, my inventory was full and she told me she'd send it in the mail because I couldn't carry it.

Perhaps it is coming in the mail?

I personally think there are like these little glitches that mess things up in the introductory parts. I restarted 4 times and now in my town, i cant get isabelle to open up that little door so i can sit in the mayors chair and raise my approval raiting.

She does something similar later on after you upgrade from the tent where she gives you a wallpaper. When she did it for me, my inventory was full and she told me she'd send it in the mail because I couldn't carry it.

Perhaps it is coming in the mail?
She never even had a conversation with me about it, unless I totally blanked and missed it. Hopefully that's what happened though. Thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I personally think there are like these little glitches that mess things up in the introductory parts. I restarted 4 times and now in my town, i cant get isabelle to open up that little door so i can sit in the mayors chair and raise my approval raiting.

Weird, same thing for me. Hope it goes away. I was wondering about that..:/

I hope that tommorow its fixed, because i would hate to have to restart again because of this.

same here for some reason after all of her little quests she tells me not to do anything!! and I can't sit in my chair!

I don't think you can actually go to the mayors desk until after your first day has passed. Isabelle keeps saying 'just relax today; moving is stressful' or something to that effect, and you likely also have to rack up the 100 Mayor points.

She gave me my lantern, but it was already dusk. Maybe it has to be later?

I had the exact same experience. I did everything I could yesterday too. Today my house was built, and Isabelle gave me the wallpaper. Still no lantern though. And I don't remember ever having my pockets full or her even coming into the tent yesterday at all. Anyone else have an update to this?

Hm. That really is interesting.
Did you buy the physical or digital copy?
Isabelle gave me a lantern and it was 1 pm.

Hm. That really is interesting.
Did you buy the physical or digital copy?
Isabelle gave me a lantern and it was 1 pm.

I bought the physical copy myself. This thread is the only other instance I've found of people having this glitch. It's sooo minor, but it still irks me hahaha

Bump. Has no one else encountered this glitch? It's been 3 days and no lantern. Looks like the scripted event just didn't occur for me then.

I started playing this game yesterday and am having the same issue with Isabelle and her Lantern not showing up.

Back