• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

So im sorta wondering if i should get a 3DS XL

FunnyDude

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hey everyone, let me just first say that i really enjoy the animal crossing series and this was actually one of the reasons I bought a 3DS 2 years ago. Now to be honest with you since the release of the 3DS I barely touched my 3DS. But since the game is around the corner now im wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade to a 3DS XL just for this game.

I'm hating it that everyone with ACNL has the 3DXL and says that it is MUCH better and blablabla.
I don't have the money to get the XL, and the normal sized one is just as fine.

It's up to you and it's a personal choice, the screen is bigger and that's nice especially if you have bad eyesight, but since you already have a 3ds and you barely use it than how you do now then it would be a waste, unless you could probably trade in your 3ds for a xl...

you should probably just play ACNL on your normal 3DS and if you play it lots, maybe then you should upgrade. unless you have money to burn lol

Since I have bad eyesight, I bought the pink 3DSXL and it's really nice and large. But it's also about comfort, too- If you have large hands and they get sore playing a regular sized 3DS then I think it would be nicer to play games on the XL. Also, if you have really small hands like mine, I notice that I often feel the XL slipping out of my grip and my hands feel like it's MUCH heavier than the regular ones. But it's just personal opinion :)

There's not much I can add to what's been said, but I'm a big advocate of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". If you're happy with your current 3DS and it still works fine, then keep it. Or you can trade in which will give money off a new console.
I bought a 3DS after the XLs had been released so I went for the XL straight off, but having worked in a games shop before, it was a regular sized 3DS on display and I preferred the XL. Personal choice.

If it's only for the one game, stick with what you have unless you fancy a trade in (and system transfer!)

I liked that the bundle saved money instead of buying a 3ds and the game. I wanted the bigger screen too. The cute AC print was just a bonus. Although I just traded in some old games and a broken phone so my bundle is free. I never played them anymore so I figured I'd get something else instead of letting them collect dust. I was kind of strategic about when I traded things in though. Gamestop sometimes has specials where you get 30-40% more and I waited for them

If you haven't really used your 3DS, I don't think it's worth upgrading. IMO, it's only worth it if you didn't have one from the start or you use your 3DS all the time and really want a bigger screen.

I want to buy a Japanese 3DS at some point. When I do, I'll buy a regular one. The reason being is that I'm fine with the smaller size and smaller screen, so I may as well get the one that's cheaper. The Japanese XLs also don't come with a charger, which is annoying.

If I were in your shoes, I would just keep the 3ds. If you never used it, might as well start using it now. If you have the coin to buy a 3ds xl, then trade it in. I almost bought a 3ds when it came out, and I'm glad I didn't. I pre-ordered the bundle.

To me, it was worth it. But I should mention I had some money to burn. If that hadn't been the case, I know I would have been perfectly happy with continuing to play on my 3DS.

Up to you. I got the XL and I don't know how I played on the original size now. I love the bigger screen and the bigger size just in general since I have big hands.

If you can afford it, I say go for it. If money is an issue, you'll manage with the original.

Up to you. I got the XL and I don't know how I played on the original size now. I love the bigger screen and the bigger size just in general since I have big hands.

If you can afford it, I say go for it. If money is an issue, you'll manage with the original.

Those reasons + I would always get headaches when I played my DSlite so that was a factor in getting an XL.

While the larger screen is a nice luxury, I wouldn't break the bank over it. The 3D effect WILL give you a headache on any size screen after awhile, the XL won't fix that. If you have the spare cash then go for it, but not having it won't make the game any less incredible.

Hey everyone, let me just first say that i really enjoy the animal crossing series and this was actually one of the reasons I bought a 3DS 2 years ago. Now to be honest with you since the release of the 3DS I barely touched my 3DS. But since the game is around the corner now im wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade to a 3DS XL just for this game.

It really is a preferential thing. Now, seeing how you have not used the 3dsxl, then you will probably not miss anything, but I can tell you from my experience, after using a friend's XL when I had the smaller one, I was like, I need one of these! So I bought the red one when it went on sale at Best Buy around Christmas for 179.99 and sold mine on craigslist for $130. I just paid the difference. I did not however do all of that again for the sweet AC bundle dsxl. I wanted to, but figured aesthetics weren't that big of a deal for the trouble involved.

I've recently traded my 3DS in for the XL and I don't regret it at all. Like most people are saying the screen is much bigger, which I like, and the battery life is longer. But like everyone's saying its your choice:)

This might help you to decide:
tumblr_mmc7jnDgo21s839rio1_500.jpg
Left: Regular 3ds with New Leaf
Right: 3ds XL with New Leaf trailer from the eshop

Back