• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

[Solved]Villager won't move

MattKimura

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Orange (Fruit)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Gold Super Mailbox
Dusty Scroll
Ancient Lantern
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
50 Envelopes
Is there a real way to get villagers to move? I heard that ignoring them for a week gets them to move, while talking to everyone else instead.

I use my secondary character, who only introduced himself to Rodney, to ignore him. For some reason, he's not moving at all, even after 2 weeks of day by day TT. Instead, Dizzy, Hopper, and Cyrano all gave me the surprise look to move out. I've been talking to them each day, not sure why they'd wanna move, and not Rodney.

My friend's offering me both Whitney and Marshal, but I can't get Rodney to move.
Are there any better tips for this? Or is it completely randomized?

Last edited:
Last edited:
A method that I use is to TT two days in to the future, check for pings, then TT back two days, check for pings and carry on with this process. Six villagers asked me to move in a single Half hour with this method!

Thanks for the reply guys, especially you Tsundere. You helped me twice tonight, I appreciate it. I'll read that guide to get an understanding on how it's truly done.

Gamergirladvance, according to the guide, I gotta stay as far away as possible from using that method. It almost guarantees the wrong villagers moving out. Thanks for the reply though :3

What a generous friend ! * u *
but yeah, a good tip to remember ; befriending a villager is much more likely to get them out !
and as for the TT ing forward and backwards two days, it's worked very successfully for me so far ;
Just as soon as you TT back to present day, talk to all the villagers you want to keep ! If none of them mention that they're thinking about moving, you'll be fine, and can repeat the process without risking the loss of your favorite villagers ~

What a generous friend ! * u *
but yeah, a good tip to remember ; befriending a villager is much more likely to get them out !
and as for the TT ing forward and backwards two days, it's worked very successfully for me so far ;
Just as soon as you TT back to present day, talk to all the villagers you want to keep ! If none of them mention that they're thinking about moving, you'll be fine, and can repeat the process without risking the loss of your favorite villagers ~

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure which method to try, I'll have to choose one and be lucky. The two day method seems faster

I like the two day method because it makes me feel 100% sure that I will not lose anyone that I want to keep :) I'm using it right now to prepare for villager resting !

Last edited:
Matttt xD I talk to all my villagers and still to the ones I don't want, but I just don't talk to them as much. ***warning, this may take a while***

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure which method to try, I'll have to choose one and be lucky. The two day method seems faster
its faster, but a bit more dangerous if someone is thinking about moving before you start to tt. thats why in the guide they say at least use a "safety net" meaning, talk to villagers you like a lot

I like the two day method because it makes me feel 100% sure that I will not lose anyone that I want to keep :) I'm using it right now to prepare for villager resting !

its not a 100% chance that they'll ask though. i personally use the other one because its safer. though you have to be careful for the two day method as someone could be thinking about moving before you tt, and once youre done they will be in boxes since thats 4 days in total

Back