Some Fun Facts About the ACNH X Sanrio Collaboration

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Tasty Cake
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Yellow Candy
- Chelsea is obviously based on the sanrio character my melody. Chelsea's catchphrase is "pound cake". My melody's favorite food is the pound cakes her
grandmother bakes for her. Even her catchphrase is a reference to my melo!
- Chai wears a tea cup on her head. This isn't just a coincidence or design element only added to look cute. In addition most of her furniture items are cafe
themed. This is a reference to the Cinnamoroll cafe in the Cinnamoroll movie. (If you are interested in the movie you can find fan subs online.)
- Rilla's name appears to be cute way of saying Gorilla, referencing her species. Kitty's is a cute way of saying cat, referencing her species. (Note: The Hello part of
Hello Kitty's name is not a part of her actual name. Her real name is "Kitty White," and she is British and has a twin sister, according to a backstory Sanrio and the
creator, Yuko Shimizu, made about her.)

And that's all I could think of lol

tfw you’re 19 years old and didn’t know that “hello kitty” wasn’t her actual name. didn’t know she was british or had a twin sister, either. LOL thanks for sharing!

Here's one that might blow your minds. The Hello Kitty cat... isn't a cat. At least according to Sanrio:

"Hello Kitty is not a cat. She’s a cartoon character. She is a little girl. She is a friend. But she is not a cat. She’s never depicted on all fours. She walks and sits like a two-legged creature. She does have a pet cat of her own, however, and it’s called Charmmy Kitty."

Saw that in an interview with someone who was doing some business with Sanrio, referred to Hello Kitty as a cat, and was corrected in no uncertain terms that she was definitely not a cat. Look it up if you like. It's way too weird for me to have made up myself. She sure looks like a cat to me. ^o^;>

Here's one that might blow your minds. The Hello Kitty cat... isn't a cat. At least according to Sanrio:

"Hello Kitty is not a cat. She’s a cartoon character. She is a little girl. She is a friend. But she is not a cat. She’s never depicted on all fours. She walks and sits like a two-legged creature. She does have a pet cat of her own, however, and it’s called Charmmy Kitty."

Saw that in an interview with someone who was doing some business with Sanrio, referred to Hello Kitty as a cat, and was corrected in no uncertain terms that she was definitely not a cat. Look it up if you like. It's way too weird for me to have made up myself. She sure looks like a cat to me. ^o^;>
Yes, the same interview talked about that. I think that she's more of a representation of a girl. In a cartoon series for kids she and her sister would do regular stuff that any young girl would do. I don't think that she is literally not a cat. I think the creator wanted show her as a real/relatable girl. That is one of her charms as a character. Her expression is blank no eyebrows or mouth. This is so that whoever is looking at her can project their emotions onto her. When you are sad, kitty looks sad. When you are happy, kitty looks happy. It makes the character more relatable and thinking of her as only a cat must have upset the creator a bit. That's just my personal interpretation.
Post automatically merged:

tfw you’re 19 years old and didn’t know that “hello kitty” wasn’t her actual name. didn’t know she was british or had a twin sister, either. LOL thanks for sharing!
She has her own children's cartoon. In the cartoon, she lives in Brittan and her twin sister is one of the characters. Of course there are more of her family members that make an appearance. Another fun fact: she has a boyfriend named Dear Daniel although his name probably isn't Dear Daniel either. lol

Last edited:
She has her own children's cartoon. In the cartoon, she lives in Brittan and her twin sister is one of the characters. Of course there are more of her family members that make an appearance. Another fun fact: she has a boyfriend named Dear Daniel although his name probably isn't Dear Daniel either. lol
His real name is Daniel Star

Back