• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Something useful for WiFi play - time zone clock

DJStarstryker

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
One of the most frustrating things about playing video games with people all over the world is trying to set up time to play together. A lot of people seem to have trouble calculating time zones. Well... guess what? You don't have to. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ is a great page to quickly figure out time zones. Ask someone what the closest major city is in their country or time zone. Look at the closest major city in your country or time zone. Boom. Quick difference.

Hopefully this helps you guys. I know it's not directly related to Animal Crossing, but considering some things in the game happen at only specific times, this should be useful.

Oh, and, yes. I had an ulterior motive posting this. People *at work* in the US like to set up phone conversation meetings for some random time. Let's say 1pm EST. That would be 2am my time. Do you know how much that sucks? It's annoying. Hopefully you guys can avoid this for setting up gameplay time.

This was one thing I liked about animal crossing community, they would have a clock on the website, so you could agree to meet up at x ACC time, it doesn't really matter what time zone is used for a website clock, I think it would be worth putting something like that on this website rather than having to go to a website all the time and putting everything in.

This tip can be quite useful if a member is willing to at least tell which region they live or to show their time zone. Otherwise, you'd have to undergo within trials and errors on what time is the best to meet up, which may make some people losing their patience, therefore giving up without telling you so.

Also, doing a trade/meeting as soon as possible should be favored. Like, I would do it right away without waiting whenever possible. I had a fair amount of players that decided to "forget" that if it's a couple of days later since the last time you communicated with them.

Oh, and, yes. I had an ulterior motive posting this. People *at work* in the US like to set up phone conversation meetings for some random time. Let's say 1pm EST. That would be 2am my time. Do you know how much that sucks? It's annoying. Hopefully you guys can avoid this for setting up gameplay time.

Well, that's dependent on whoever you're Wi-Fi-ing with ;) You'll have to set up the time.

Good thing to have a quick link to this though, thanks!

Back