Starting Over (The Right Way)

Majorasmask

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Okay so this stupid pig villager is really the last straw (and no it's just not her, I have other issues). I am just going to outline my plan here and see what people think before I actually do it. I want to make sure I won't be dealing with any issues later on.

I plan to set the clock to 10 am June 9 and do each day before skipping ahead to the next until I get to June 15. This way I get rid of pig and other issues, have the town the way I want it and (hopefully) not have any issues. I haven't time traveled since the Gamecube version so I'm a bit reluctant to try this. But I have 3 million bells and the full Zelda set, I'd like to keep those if possible. I also heard turnips would be an issue, does that mean I can't buy them anymore?

Any tips or ideas (or please talk me out of this) would be helpful.

Well what are these other issues?

As for you concerns:
Items- if you have someone you trust you can let them hold onto them and once on your new file re-add them and get your stuff back.

Turnips- I think the only concern here is that the any turnips you have spoil right away.

As long as you weed, talk to villagers, play each TT day like a normal one you should be ok.

P.S the badge walrus/otter guy does not appear on the TT day (what I heard)

The others issues I have is that I hate every villager I have aside from 1, I let them give me a stupid nickname and they all call me it, There is a pond right in front of the train tracks (which is highly annoying), and I put my house on the edge of a cliff (seemed like a good idea at the time).

So yea, the map itself really is nice though (aside from the pond in front of the tracks). The only thing I'd really be losing is all the things I put in the museum. But I'll be getting each day's 4 fossils so I'll just have to force myself to fish and collect bugs that I usually don't bother with.

Is there a way to send my items to myself if I make the town before deleting the old town? I don't really know people that I trust that well with 3 million bells.

The others issues I have is that I hate every villager I have aside from 1, I let them give me a stupid nickname and they all call me it, There is a pond right in front of the train tracks (which is highly annoying), and I put my house on the edge of a cliff (seemed like a good idea at the time).

So yea, the map itself really is nice though (aside from the pond in front of the tracks). The only thing I'd really be losing is all the things I put in the museum. But I'll be getting each day's 4 fossils so I'll just have to force myself to fish and collect bugs that I usually don't bother with.

Is there a way to send my items to myself if I make the town before deleting the old town? I don't really know people that I trust that well with 3 million bells.

Ah I see. Sorry no way to send them to yourself. I would say I can hold on your stuff, since I don't care for being instant rich (takes the fun out if I get money to quickly) and nor the items but that's about how much I can reassure you. If the overall map is really nice to you then I would say wait it out. It may take awhile but the villagers do ask to move.

I just think that if I'm going to do this, it's better to do it a week in than 6 months. If I was a month into the map, I probably wouldn't even think about it. But 3 million bells can be made back in 2 days (maybe less), the Link set can be reacquired (trading here works well), and the museum can be restocked (pita, but doable).

Daily chores take about 30 min? Can be back up in 3 hours + however long it takes me to find a good map. I wish I had more control over the town :(

Majorasmask, this is pretty much exactly why I want to reset my game as well. I have not one, but TWO PIG VILLAGERS. Gala and Agnes. Agnes is rude and annoying and Gala is just plain annoying and she always has fleas..
I have FOUR lakes and when I first started the game I was stupid and I didn't think having so many lakes would affect my building projects..
I now think my house is too close to the mountain edge and I want more space
and my retail shop should be closer to the island since I go constantly..
only problems is I have 50% of my bug catching done, stuff was donated, and I have a lot of items and bells as well.

Agnes is my problem pig as well. I've chosen to just do this even though it means losing hours of work. 6 months down the road I'll be happy.

Agnes is my problem pig as well. I've chosen to just do this even though it means losing hours of work. 6 months down the road I'll be happy.

I think in 6 months theres a chance she'll be gone though o:
also not only that but I keep getting weird villagers like derpy horses and the only kinds of villagers that visit in the campsite are the grumpy villagers -_- I think I'm cursed with the villagers. The only ones I like are Chadder and Frank.
Better to do it now than in a few months though. I'm still trying to decide.

Aww, lucky. I love Agnes, I want her so badly! I want Gala as well, actually T__T

But anyway...
If you have a friend that you trust have them hold your items until you make the perfect village :) Don't plant any turnips while you're Time Traveling or they'll go bad. Hope that you get a better map/better villagers next time around!

You know, ive had an ugly pig in every town ive moved into. Though, the villagers arent something Id reset for, I did bec. I hated my map. And when I found the one I liked, UGLY PIGS AND ALLIGATORS!!! Oh well, theyre going to get pit-falled

WAHAHA! I have the best villagers ever...
I love them all.
List:
Tank
Puck
Ankha
Rolf
Cally
Phoebe (THAT'S A FLIPPIN PHEONIX :OO )

Back