• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Stop discussing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVGanondorf

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
This thread is addressed to all of the people who are waiting for the North American release of Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I've read a lot of posts on this forum, and many people say that they're not as excited for the game anymore because they already saw all of the trailers, walkthroughs, and guides. You are ruining the game for yourself by talking about it too much. There are no surprises left for you in the game. I purposely did not watch any of the walkthroughs, Nintendo Directs, or trailers just to keep the game interesting for myself. When it came out in Japan, I bought it, and it was an amazing new Animal Crossing experience.

Here's what I advise you to do: Stop discussing the game for the time being. I guarantee you that you will lose interest in the game in a few months if you continue to discuss it. Just wait patiently for the game, and when it's released, I promise you that you will love the game even more.

Last edited:
I think this is a bit harsh. I say let them vent a bit. We were both lucky enough to be able to get a Japanese version of the game, but not everyone did.

So while you had enough will power to not watch anything prior to November: everyone else has had to wait 4 more months. The longer you have to resist something the more tempting it can become.

This forum is for people to discuss ACNL. It isn't out yet in most of the world, so of course part of the discussion is going to be about wanting to have it and the disappointment experienced by not getting it until 8 months after it's original release.

I agree that once people have the game they will be happy and into the game again. But I feel the disappointment as well. That's what had me break down and get the import.

Yeah I agree. If they want to vent, let them. It doesn't seem to bother anyone else, at least, no one on any forum but you has made a physical complaint to those who complain. You already have the game, so you're experiencing what everyone else who doesn't have the game is impatiently waiting to experience as well. It's easier for you to also tell them to wait when you're playing it yourself.

And to just be blunt I have a feeling this is going to stir up some arguments from those who are complaining.
Me, personally, I've watched a lot of videos, imported a guide, and have soaked up every piece of information from it like a sponge. I'm not in the least bit less excited. I'm actually MORE excited.

I'd like to know what I'm looking forward to, thank you very much. Watching videos is not the same as playing it yourself. Our release is 7 months after Japan's and we need stuff to tide us over. Even when discussing it and watching stuff, there will still be so many things to discover.

Guys, I wasn't trying to be harsh. I have waited for the game the same way you guys did when it wasn't out in Japan. I know it's difficult to wait for 7 more months, but I think that watching trailers and walkthroughs over and over again won't do much help. That's just my opinion.

Personally, I enjoy watching the walk-throughs and trailers. It has not made me any less excited for the game. It is one's personal choice, and if they choose to watch them, they need to be satisfied with that for the time being. Although it is difficult to wait, it just needs to be done. I also agree with those that say to let them vent. It doesn't hurt anyone, and they can get the frustration out of the way so they can go back to waiting for the game.

7 more months? Wat? The game comes out in 3~ish months xD

Just because the videos didnt help you since you didnt watch them, doesn't mean they won't help others. I've been watching videos since November. They helped me cope very well until our release date was announced, and they're helping me cope well now. If it wasn't for Linandko, I probably would've gone nuts by now

I like watching the videos kinda makes the game real and within reach plus (depending on the game) I learn what needs to be done and what I can do in my own game. those that vent let them

7 more months? Wat? The game comes out in 3~ish months xD

Just because the videos didnt help you since you didnt watch them, doesn't mean they won't help others. I've been watching videos since November. They helped me cope very well until our release date was announced, and they're helping me cope well now. If it wasn't for Linandko, I probably would've gone nuts by now

I started counting from November.

I didn't know that it helps people cope with the waiting of the game. I just heard people complaining that they are not as excited for the game anymore, because they have watched all of the videos and guides.

I guess that's not for everybody... oh well.

Well, I didn't say it helps everyone, I actually applied it to myself and whoever agrees can do the same ^^ I've seen people complain that they've watched too many videos, but it was never followed up with "I'm not as excited or excited anymore" o.o
And yes, they've helped me cope becAuse it has helped me gain ideas for decorating my own town. And since AC is such a free, open town game that isn't to be played a specific way, each time you play will be exciting and new :) that's how I see it, at least lol

You do realize I said I've seen people complain which means from what I've seen, not you? I only check threads that are on the first page. If its not on the first page, I won't see it. And I was speaking of when I was at ACC, not here :p

While this is somewhat true, nothing good will come out of this thread.
543d1346069864-aptransco-ae-recruitment-stay-ap-highcourt-thread_closed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back