• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

street pass questions

Wren

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I apologize in advance if these questions have been asked before, if this is the wrong place to post this or if they are just dumb questions but I was wondering ...

Can you get street passes even while you are playing the game or does your 3DS need to be in sleep mode? (I'm hoping to make it to the meet up in Toronto and wondered if I could play the game while I am waiting for street passes.)

If you have the downloaded version of Animal Crossing New Leaf will you receive New Leaf street passes even if you have a different game in the game slot? Alternatively, if I have the game cartridge of the game and don't have it in the game slot will I miss New Leaf street passes?

You get New Leaf street-passes even if you have another game in the slot! Street pass also works when you play a 3DS game, but not when playing DS games.

The streetpass function is registered into your 3DS itself so it doesn't matter which game you are playing/have in the slot. You won't unlock the streetpass function in NL on the first day though. I think I've gotten a streetpass while playing in the car before so I don't think it needs to be in sleep mode.

I thought your 3DS had to be in sleep mode to actually get a streetpass...

Your 3DS doesn't need to be in sleep mode to get street passes. I get them all the time from my neighbors while I'm playing games. The only thing you need to do is have your 3DS not OFF. If you have a different game in the slot, I do still believe you can get street passes for your other games, though don't quote me on that. That's only how it was explained to me.

Back