• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Street Pass use?

It's pretty much you turn on your 3DS and put it in sleep mode and then into your bag/pocket. Then if you pass someone else (through walking) you'll get their data through streetpass.
I dont street pass effects online.

Between 30 to 100 feet. Not 100%. Just googled it.

Last edited:
One more thing then i'm done. I wont have any model homes to look at? I find StreetPass pointless unless you are friends with someone but im not going to walk up and down a street trying to get data when i highly doubt ppl have one and its on streetpass.

Sometimes it takes a while for the streetpass green light to come on.
I have tested this as my cousin has a Nintendo 3DS and it took 10-15 minutes to pass over once.

No the street pass homes might work with spot pass. When I played Mario kart everyone I versed who had Mario 3d land got info in the game when it was really just for street pass.

I generally streetpass with my son only a couple of times a day, and there have been a time or two that we have both had our 3DS's with us and only one of us has streetpassed someone else. It is not an exact science.

hopefully there isnt much that relies on street pass
ive had my 3ds since release and ive never street passed anybody >.<

Just take it with you to malls and such where there's a lot of people (maybe if you want to be doubley sure pass a few game shops) and on average you'll get like 2-3 Streetpasses

It most likely will work with spotpass as you race with people on Mario Kart 7, if you have that game, that works for me in place of streetpass on a variety of games.

Back