• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Streetpass weird....

noobneko

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I was in the city today and I Streetpassed a Japanese Girl and some other peeps. But this is weird, it said the game that she was recently playing was Animal Crossing New Leaf. But I'm sure that I saw that title in Japanese characters on someone else's 3DS. I think on their friends list or something (can someone confim this).

So is this the English Version or does it rename the title on European devices?
But I also Streetpassed someone playing Inazuma Eleven but that was in Japanese Characters.

DSC_06911.jpg

It translates it.
But not a complete translation, because in Japan the game is called Animal Forest Jump Out, not New Leaf.

So why didn't they translate Inazuma Eleven? Does it translate games that have to be announced for a US/EU release?

I have no idea. Though assuming that a game isn't going to be released outside of Japan, they wouldn't have any need to translate it. So it could be that.

Kind of neat they bothered to put in the English name too.

I only have Japanese 3DSes so can't test this :(
I know someone with english 3DS but she is not here and I wont see her for another 3 or 4 weeks -_-

Back