• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Strikers sig

TheGremp

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
so I made a strikers sig, first one that I actually used brushes lol I stared at screenshots for like 15 minutes trying to find an inspiration, it started out being like, I've got bowser on the left and Wolverine on the right and it would say Bowser - 1 Wolverine - 2 but I came up with many problems, 1, it doesn't make much sense 2, Wolverine isn't in Strikers

:p 3, lack of room, and 4, it just wouldn't look cool lol

I went with an urban kind of look, the background is a rusted wall with scratches on it, it's amazing how much some brushes can do, the background started being plain brown lol

I made 2 versions, one with the inside of the text blue, the other with red

MarioStrikersbluet.jpg

MarioStrikersredt.jpg

I can't decide which color to make it... what do you guys think it should be? Or should I make it something completely different?

also, should it have a border?

Thanks ahead of time!

yeah but in a competition like this where the people aren't paranoid about their competition, people help the thers along, because this is made for fun.

I'm entering the contest too, but I will say that the render cut is pretty bad.

TheGremp said:
yeah but in a competition like this where the people aren't paranoid about their competition, people help the thers along, because this is made for fun.
You're right.

:p

I don't think there's a lot of competition between the 2 colors, but you do need a border.

:p

TheGremp said:
And you claim to have been here before? Did you see the fish ordeal? )How do you make the f?(

I may enter, so I'll just say I agree with DG and Gengar. Fix up the render, add a border.

The render isn't bad. It doesn't blend. I would try using another render though because it really isn't that great of one for a sig.

Needs border, new text(color is horrible and doesn't match bg), fix render(double click the magic wand and select feather edges).

;)

ok, just to let yall know, I've calmed down about critique, I've learned from my mistake and I can take it now, I know Im not great and you all are just trying to make me better even though it comes out harshly, so no worries lol Im not gonna go crazy like last time

I agree with many of your critiques, I didnt notice the sucky render before, so I fixed that up, I changed the text color to match the bg, and added a border

Photobucket is down right now so the pic will be up later on...

btw...

And you claim to have been here before? Did you see the fish ordeal? )How do you make the f?(

I may enter, so I'll just say I agree with DG and Gengar. Fix up the render, add a border.

for one thing yes I have been here before... I was in the April contest and it was all friendly. also, I think I remember you being one of the dudes in the argument on my first few days here. remember, the traced drawings that were the end of the world? (just kidding, dont want to start an argument here)

for another, what the heck did you just say? is this some kind of code?

TheGremp said:
ok, just to let yall know, I've calmed down about critique, I've learned from my mistake and I can take it now, I know Im not great and you all are just trying to make me better even though it comes out harshly, so no worries lol Im not gonna go crazy like last time

I agree with many of your critiques, I didnt notice the sucky render before, so I fixed that up, I changed the text color to match the bg, and added a border

Photobucket is down right now so the pic will be up later on...

btw...

for one thing yes I have been here before... I was in the April contest and it was all friendly. also, I think I remember you being one of the dudes in the argument on my first few days here. remember, the traced drawings that were the end of the world? (just kidding, dont want to start an argument here)

for another, what the heck did you just say? is this some kind of code?
I was just kidding about that btw.

And what do you think was a code? 'Cause I put no code in there.

TheGremp said:
Did you see the fish ordeal? )How do you make the f?(

whats the fish ordeal?

what the crap is f?( lol
Forget I ever brought it up, just a fight resulting from a contest proving usually they get rather competitive.

And when I said the f?(, a member named Fish has a cool looking f in his name. The ? was just ending the question, and I have an odd habit of putt paranthesis backwards.

ok, here it is...

MarioStrikers.jpg

how's this one?

EDIT - hmm, maybe I should change the text color again... make it a bit darker...

MarioStrikersdarkertext.jpg

this one any better?

Back