• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

stringfish catching tips

PugLovex

taylor swift enthusiast
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
3994-2737-3875
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
this thing is going to be the death of me, i’ve been trying for hours and can only catch black bass. thankfully i caught a golden trout while trying to so i won’t ever have to worry about that lol

i know that the shadow size is extra large, can only be found on clifftop rivers, and etc. i’m just having a really hard time getting it to spawn even with fish bait, i keep mistaking the shadows since it looks way bigger when you first spawn it in.

any tips? also thank you for birthday wishes lol

I fished at the bottom of second tier waterfalls for a long time with no luck. I finally went to the pond just above the waterfall and 12 fish later had one. Don't get to hung up on the shadow size, it did not look all that big to me.

Ugh, the stringfish... I literally used up 200+ bait on the last day of March trying to catch that sucker.

There are 2 mystery tour islands that only spawn big fish so there's a higher chance for you to catch the Stringfish. (Big Fish Island 1 and 2).
You can see what the maps look like here:
Be careful because you can only visit those islands once a day so if you accidentally leave, you won't be able to get back until the next day. It'll still be a grind to 1. find one of these darn islands and 2. catching it among the swarms of black bass but at least the smaller fish don't spawn!

Good luck!!

Get fishbait, and go on a cliff once the correct time has started. Hope it's your lucky day. That's really all there is to it.

I wouldn't recommend looking for Big Fish Island unless you have hundreds of NMTs to burn. From scratch, it should take less time to farm bait and cast it than to earn an NMT and repeat a cycle at the airlines.
Post automatically merged:

i know that the shadow size is extra large,

The shadow size is actually the size of a seabass, which is just large I believe. On a scale of 1-6, 6 being the Coelecanth, the Stringfish is a 5, as is the seabass.

Last edited:
I’m also struggling with the stringfish... I’ve realised it has the same shadow size as the seabass only after having let go of 20 or so seabass-sized shadows, so don’t make my same mistake. Good luck!

Back