• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Summary of each hour in Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Even if I haven't played ACNL in a long time, I still know a lot of stuff about it. But I can give you what I think of each hour. No, not about the hourly music. I already written an entry about that, about over 200 blog entries ago (when I used to write blog entries everyday). Today's entry is more about the hours and less about the music.

The premise of the town: Main Street is fully maxed out (it even has T&T Emporium), ordinance is either Beautiful Town or Wealthy Town (or no ordinance at all). There are a couple of streetlights, four illuminated art, and the lighthouse. There is no holiday going on, and the time of the year is generic. By using this setup, the meanings of each hour according to my entry should match.

Although a new date begins at 12:00 AM, a new day doesn't begin until 6:00 AM when everything refreshes and autosaves in ACNL. Therefore, 6:00 AM is the first hour of the day.

• 6:00 AM - Old day is gone. New day begins. Everything refreshes in town, meaning some things have changed. At this time of the day, it feels fresh. Some villagers start waking up, and the lights begin to go out since the sun is rising.
  • 7:00 AM - Even though a new day begins at 6:00 AM, it doesn't start going live and awake until 7:00 AM when more villagers wake up. Major landmarks at this time that open and close are still closed, but that's because it's still too early.
  • 8:00 AM - The early morning is almost over. Even if some villagers are already awake, the day is still technically inactive. No public place (besides 24-hour services like the Café) are still open, but not for long. Night insects disappear as day insects start appearing.
  • 9:00 AM - This is when the day begins to get more active. The Re-Tail opens for the day, T&T Emporium opens its doors for shoppers, the Fortune Teller's Shop is opened, as villagers are still waking up. Night fish stop appearing in rivers and oceans, but the day fish begin to show up.
  • 10:00 AM - More public places open. At this time, all of Main Street (except for Club LOL) should be opened, giving you access everywhere. The last of the villagers sleeping are still asleep.
  • 11:00 AM - As the morning is about to end, everyone should be awake by then. The day is becoming more lively.
  • 12:00 PM - At this time, the day should be the most lively. Club LOL opens for cleaning too. You can talk to anyone and go anywhere, but catching fish and insects worth a lot of Bells is one thing you can't do at this time of the day, especially in the winter.
  • 1:00 PM - The day is still lively as of 12:00 PM as there's nothing to be changed at the height of the day.
  • 2:00 PM - Same as above, but later in the afternoon.
  • 3:00 PM - Same as above, but even later in the afternoon.
  • 4:00 PM - After a nice lively day, the evening has began. It's still very active, but the day is about to end. Night fish start appearing again.
  • 5:00 PM - As the day progresses further into the mid-evening, this is the last of the mainstream day hours. It's like the day is about to end. Some night insects begin appearing, but day insects are still there.
  • 6:00 PM - The mainstream day hours have ended. Lights begin to go on as the sun sets. But every business is still open, as everyone is awake.
  • 7:00 PM - The extended day hours are about to end as the sunset is in the final stages. It is no longer live and awake, as everything begins to set. The Fortune Teller's shop is closed. More night insects appear as the day ones take off.
  • 8:00 PM - The night hours begin at this time of the day. Most of Main Street's stores close for the day, and Club LOL's night club opens to all. But it's still the early night as everyone is still awake.
  • 9:00 PM - The rest of Main Street's stores close at this time of the day. All what's left open are the Museum, the Post Office, the Dream Suite, the Photo Booth, Club LOL, and the HH Showcase. But at least everything in town is still open.
  • 10:00 PM - The day is now in the depths of the night. Some villagers start going to sleep, as the date is getting closer to the end.
  • 11:00 PM - At this time, the day is already dead as nothing is left to be done. The Re-Tail closes too. But what's good at this time of the day is that more valuable fish and insects appear, even in the winter. In most of the year, 11:00 PM appears to be solemn and depressing, but the time 11:00 PM becomes the most lively time of the day is when it's the last hour of the year.
  • 12:00 AM - A new date begins, but for the next six hours, the town will remain inactive. With nothing but the 24-hour services and Club LOL opened, and with villagers already going to bed, the town remains peace and quiet.
  • 1:00 AM - The day is still in the depths of the night and inactive. There are still villagers awake, and one big place still open. When you walk out, just watch out for the tarantulas and scorpions. You may ignore my warning when all of the grass is brown or covered in snow.
  • 2:00 AM - Club LOL closes, meaning the last of the limited-time businesses are closed. All but very few villagers are asleep. The town is really in peace and quiet, for it is inactive.
  • 3:00 AM - Same as above, but it's already late in the night.
  • 4:00 AM - Same as above, but it is already dawn. There may be nothing to do at this time since nothing is active, but the night is almost over.
  • 5:00 AM - The night hours are over, but it's not time to wake up. Everything is inactive at this point, but a new day is about to begin.

Of course, the days repeat. If you had any other Nookling expansion or any other ordinance active, the town would be even different than what the hours mean in my opinion.

Back