• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Taking a break from TBT

xSuperMario64x

I am a Bug, please be gentle 🪲💜
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Flower Glow Wand
Galaxy Cupcake
Planet Glow Wand
Tetris Grid
Heart Glow Wand
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to inform yall that I am taking a break from TBT. Why, you ask? Well, I feel like the collectible restocks are going straight to people's heads. The fact that they're restocked in small numbers, I feel, is unfair, and really messes up the TBT economy. Like, how someone buys a Mori collectible for 49 TBT and demands 4,000 TBT for it. That just seems a bit messed up to me.

We are all becoming victims of this system. Heck, even my friends and I have become victims. We made it our goal to stay up, night and day, just to make sure that we could catch a restock (which we knew would disappear in about 10 seconds). And when we would miss a restock the one minute we weren't checking the shop? It really breaks our hearts.

You might say it's stupid to fuss over something like this, but I'm sure that you have felt or will feel the same way at some point. You know, when people are just yabbering about it constantly on the site, and you see people all over the place selling cheap collectibles for outrageous prices, you just can't help but jump on the bandwagon.

I wanted one of those lil' houses so bad that I almost became desperate for one. One of my friends, Ash, finally just gave in and gave me his cyan house. He was really frustrated that we wouldn't stop complaining about restocks, and it made me feel horrible about what I had done. I felt obligated to pay him at least 100 TBT for it, even though by community standards that's insanely low (which I think is insanely ridiculous). I haven't even seen the cyan house in my inventory yet. I'm too ashamed to look at it. I'm sure it's magnificent.

For all of this crap that I and my friends have endured in the last couple days, I have decided that I do not want to be in this type of corrupting environment right now. I'm still battling depression, and having this kind of vibe really isn't helping. Therefore, I am going on hiatus. I plan on returning when an event shows up, like the TBT Fair. I'll pop in for a moment on July 1st to get the new hybrid cosmos collectible (though I'm sure that it will go out of stock in 30 seconds), but that's it.

Go ahead and ban me if you want, but I really just needed to vent about this. It's ridiculous, and something needs to be done about it.

Thanks for all the fun guys. I hope that when I return, this place has straightened out a bit.

~
jDLGt6V.png

Awww sucks to see you go! ;(

Collectable is something I don't bother with unless I really want it but it's just not worth making a fuss over to me.

Nox;bt13899 said:
Awww sucks to see you go! ;(

Collectable is something I don't bother with unless I really want it but it's just not worth making a fuss over to me.
Yeah, it's just gotten really out of hand for me. I may or may not be back before the next TBT fair; all I know is that I need a break.

Thx for thinkin about me btw :blush:

xSuperMario64x;bt13900 said:
Yeah, it's just gotten really out of hand for me. I may or may not be back before the next TBT fair; all I know is that I need a break.

Thx for thinkin about me btw :blush:
No problem! It's good to take a break from things! Have a good one! :]

Last edited:
Back