• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Taking pictures

K.K. Guitar

The Master Bug-catcher
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
Hello everyone,
As soon as AC:3DS comes out, i want to be able to take pictures of it and post them on these forums, i was wondering, does anyone know a good way to take pictures of my 3DS? and here is another problem, how do i actually transfer these pictures to my PC.
I dont know if this is the right place to ask about this, so sorry if this is the wrong place:confused:

Hmm.... D: I wonder if AC will have an in-game screenshot button? It just might since there was one in ACCF :) I also plan on taking videos (photos if no screenshot button) with my phone.... is that an option for you? :O

Well, even if i you can take pictures in the game itself, i would still not be able to transfer them to my PC! does anyone know how to do that?:confused:

If the pictures you take in the game go to your 3ds' SD card, you could always send them to your PC by taking the photos off of the SD card.

After you put the SD card in your PC, go to the Computer folder and then (on my computer anyway) my SD card is listed as a removable disk, click on that and it will open up a folder with two folders in it. One says DCIM and the other says Nintendo 3ds. Click DCIM, I then have another folder (100NIN03) (I don't know if they are all labelled with the same name) click that and your photos will be in the folder.

Unless the Animal Crossing photos will make another folder within the SD card. I'll find out in a few weeks.

if it stores them like the other pictures you can email them to yourself using webmail and the 3ds browser. Done that with pictures from art academy ;-)

You can takes pics in the game and save them onto the SD card, and upload them to a computer :)

Thanks for the help, but i still don't understand where i have to put my SD-card? Do i have to put it directley into my computer, or do i need a usb-stick?:confused:

There should be a slot in your computer for an SD card, just like there is for a USB..
Ut should be a thin slot that's about an inch long

Or, you can even put the SD card into a digital camera and upload picture like any others you would.

I would love if you could film yourself because that I was able to make a play through so much easier. :(

Another way you could use the sd card is if you have an sd card reader, which is what I use :) But if you have the slot on your computer you're set!!! ^^

Wow, I can't believe that I didn't know that my sister's new laptop has a SD card reader in it! Since my computer doesn't I assumed her laptop didn't either. However, when I was reading this forum about how you can put SD cards in Windows laptops, I thought 'I wonder if Mac Laptops are the same...'. Then I checked it out and happily downloaded my latest camping pics on there! Maybe I should get a bigger SD card now, since I don't have to buy an SD card reader...

I believe it's been confirmed the game will have an in-game camera mode :B Pretty much just press a button and it takes a screenshot. The picture would go right on the 3DS SD card. You would just take the SD card out and put it into your computer's SD slot.

Back