• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

TBT Spending Opportunities Ideas - Part 1: Purchasable Themes

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
A few days ago, I came up with a proposal to save the TBT Marketplace, and one solution I came up with is creating more spending opportunities. Despite all these setbacks on currency (including the fines of the username change glitch exploit), I believe we need more spending opportunities to keep the TBT bells from going up too high, and to encourage TBT hoarders to spend their TBT on something. Collectibles are not enough. Restocking old ones lowers the value of them, but making newer collectibles isn't going to be enough. Add-ons and collectibles were pretty good, but we're going to need more than that. Therefore, I came up with some ideas on spending opportunities for this forum. The mods may not notice these ideas since they are hidden in a blog, but I might get more attention due to my large blog.

Today's entry is on purchasable themes for the forum. What we currently have are Bell Tree, Bell Tree Undercover, and Default Mobile Style. One popular theme people have asked for was the Woods Theme. They wanted the Woods Theme to be available all year round in that menu. For some reason, the staff don't allow that, and they won't explain why they wouldn't make the decision. There are some decisions that they are set in stone in, and by all means, reasons behind the decisions is private business. I don't know if they are going to decide on making it available or not, but my idea goes beyong this. It's about purchasable themes. Sure they can go ahead and make the Woods Theme available all year long, but we'll have to spend TBT bells on it to make it available.

For the purchasable themes part, here's how it works. You can buy them at the TBT shop, and they will appear in the inventory. No matter what you do, the hidden checkbox is locked, but you can keep it active or inactive. If you want the theme to appear in that drop-down menu, it needs to be active. Yes, it can be discarded. No, it cannot be configured, gifted, or sold back. The maximum amount of purchasable themes you can get is the total number of purchasable themes available.

For the pricing part, they are going to be very expensive. Even the cheapest of them are 1,000 TBT. But they won't break the 5,000 TBT barrier. In addition, there's going to be limited restocks. Four of what I had in mind are 1,000 TBT and unlimited in restocks, but the others are going to be higher in price and be limited in stock.

Another limit here is that if you stick to any theme other than the Bell Tree theme, you won't see the banner changes for events like the release of a video game, a site event, or some creepy stuff. That only appears in the main theme. Moreover, if you go to a weird section of the site (such as The Woods), the theme of the site changes.

Here are some themes I have in mind:

• Winter - the banner is following the winter theme all year round, regardless of season. But the sky changes follow the correct season.
  • Spring - same as below, but with a cherry blossom tree.
  • Summer - the banner is following the spring/summer theme all year round, regardless of season. But the sky changes follow the correct season.
  • Fall - the banner is following the fall theme all year round, regardless of season. But the sky changes follow the correct season. That would be my pick if this were a feature.
  • The Woods - the whole site will follow the Woods Theme, even if you don't go into the Woods. Banner costs 5,000 TBT, is very low in stock, and only gets restocks on Friday the 13th.
  • Pixelated - just like the TBT Fair of 2017, but without the characters and tree decorations. Banner costs 2,000 TBT, and is restocked periodically.
  • Apples - same as Bell Tree, but with apples in the tree.
  • Peaches - same as Bell Tree, but with peaches in the tree.
  • Cherries - same as Bell Tree, but with cherries in the tree.
  • Oranges - same as Bell Tree, but with oranges in the tree.
  • Pears - same as Bell Tree, but with pears in the tree.
  • Birthday - there are balloons in the sky, a giant cake is near the tree, and some characters will appear. Banner costs 3,000 TBT, and is restocked periodically.
  • Lights - the tree will have lights, there are fireworks in the sky, and there are little lights surrounding "The Bell Tree Forums". Banner costs 3,000 TBT, and is restocked periodically.
The list will continue when there are more themes to come up with. This isn't necessarily a request for the staff, but this is a sample of what the purchasable themes are.

Back