• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

TBT: Successes and failures

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Carnival Pinwheel
Yule Log
Eerie Star Potion
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Pumpkin Cupcake
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
I chose to do a double-entry day today, and talk about my successes and failures on ths site. As my first year is coming to an end, I will gladly share my objectives I had on this site, and talk about how I succeeded and how I failed. These won't include fanart or giveaways, but they do include my attempts to grab certain collectibles and other achievements.

Successes:

• 100 blogs - this may not be considered as special, but this is one of my successes on TBT. Not only I got up to 100 blog entries, but I never stopped blogging until I got there.
  • TBT People's Choice Awards - This one would be more of a proud honor to this list. Last TBT People's Choice Awards (which was the first one since I joined), I won an award for being the biggest Animal Crosser on TBT. I thought this was for the trading boards, but then again, it started to make sense. I was blogging big time on my town and AC ideas. And I had a sig with my characters in it. I thought this was amazing since I was still too new for the site (not a member for four months), and I got famous too soon. I wouldn't care if I didn't win, but at least I won this one.
  • Got chocolate cake - back when I first joined TBT, this was the one collectible I wanted most. After three months of membership, I was lucky enough to get one. And I finally got the chocolate cake. I didn't have to spend 2,000 TBT to get someone else's (but I did spend 3,000 TBT on a second chocolate cake later, but that was only for a gift).
  • Got an apple - another collectible I wanted from start was a collectible that didn't even exist back then was the apple collectible. In fact, I was able to get two apples from the restocks. One was the first time they came out, and the other was on that last restock. I gave away my first apple to someone else, but that was to help someone out. I also don't regret sending it so my collectble order is more organized.
  • Complete Birthstone Collection - another goal on this site was to get all 12 birthstones, and not have anyone send me one. This means I had to stay on this site all year, and I did. I was originally going to have only five birthstones, but I decided to aim for all 12.
  • No bans - although I got one infraction and a few warnings, I almost made it the entire year without getting banned from this site. If I keep it up and not break the rules, I won't even get banned before my first year ends. I've seen how easy it was to get banned, but I stayed away from trouble, at least most of the time. I should try hard to follow the rules, and this success will be fulfilled 100%. Even if I fail, I got a chance to experience this site for a whole year.

Failures:

• No Staff Favorites - back during the TBT Fair, everyone who submits an entry gets tickets, but if they get a staff favorite, they get more tickets, with an addition of a green pinwheel collectible, one of the most valuable collectibles. It turns out that I failed to get the green pinwheel, even on my best efforts. And I don't even know if they are going to repeat this year. In fact, I don't even know if the TBT Fair is going to repeat this year, but at least I got the tickets to buy the balloons, which I ended up selling or giving away.
  • No Contest Wins - I'm not referring to the Fire Festival, but I am referring to the TBT Fair. There were five contests. I only entered two of them. I was nominated for only one. Even so, I didn't place in the top three. In fact, I didn't even got the best honorable mention. The prizes only go to the top three, which I never made it there. But I was more shocked that I got nominated than I was if I didn't win.
  • No Golden Egg - during the egg hunt, there were many riddles. Only one of them was able to get all 24 of them and get the golden egg while I found them too hard and didn't get too many eggs. In fact, I had so few that I didn't even had enough for one egg in the shop. They were too complicated.
  • Infractions - yes, while I had the heart of becoming a mod, I turned out to have failed to get a good citizenship on TBT. Granted, three of these were because I made the wrong move and got involved in places I shouldn't have got involved, but the other one was unfair. Ever since I got the first warning, my good citizenship was tainted. I may not have a single ban yet, but it doesn't mean I haven't received an infraction. And speaking of that...
  • Not a mod - I signed up for moderatorship back in June since I felt that I'm worthy of becoming a mod, but I didn't get picked. I wanted to sign up to keep fighting under control, as well as help with the staff events and get free fair collectibles. But at the same time, I'm glad that I didn't get picked. One reason was that I take the rules too seriously, and I don't know when I should take action or not. Another was that I have school coming up. I can't spend too much time. Still, I would've had the opportunity, but I missed the light.
  • No raffle wins - loss of moderatorship, green pinwheel, rainbow feather, and golden egg weren't the only failures I had. In both the pokeball and toy hammer raffles, I got a golden ticket to qualify for the raffle. However, I didn't win either one. That time, it was about luck, and I didn't get lucky enough.

That's all for this entry. I could also say that I failed to sell the balloons for profit, but low demand wins this one. I'm still trying to get a lot of TBT, but at least I had some successes on this site.

Back