• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Team Fortress 2

Animefan said:
Whats this all about a beta?
Im installing it now but my question is whats the diffrence betwee the beta and the real game?
basically, it's an easier/faster way to mass produce updates.

instead of having their in-team group playtest the game and tweak the gameplay, they're asking the community to test ideas that they have for gameplay so that they can implement the best ideas into the actual game.

just think of it as tf2 under heavy dev control. what sticks, goes into the real game. what sucks, doesn't.

My quest for a hat crafted purely from spy watches is chugging along with a current total of 9 watches. If anyone wants to trade<small><small><small><small><small>/donate</small></small></small></small></small> theirs, it would be greatly appreciated.

-Jack- said:
My quest for a hat crafted purely from spy watches is chugging along with a current total of 9 watches. If anyone wants to trade<small><small><small><small><small>/donate</small></small></small></small></small> theirs, it would be greatly appreciated.
Will it be a class specific spy hat?

-Jack- said:
I'll help out. I'll send some your way if you get any. You take Dead Ringers right?

-Aaron said:
-Jack- said:
I'll help out. I'll send some your way if you get any. You take Dead Ringers right?
Yeah, I do.
And animefan, it's going to be class specific, hence 75 of them.

Anyone know if there's some sort of limit on how many accounts you can have online at the same time on the same network?
My brother's trying to trade me some of his watches, but we can't get it to work.

-Jack- said:
Anyone know if there's some sort of limit on how many accounts you can have online at the same time on the same network?
My brother's trying to trade me some of his watches, but we can't get it to work.
I do believe it's one per PC.

Also, Steam Treasure Hunts for TF2 Hats :|

-Aaron said:
-Jack- said:
I do believe it's one per PC.

Also, Steam Treasure Hunts for TF2 Hats :|
:l

Well then.

CURSE YOU STEAM FOR MY INABILITY TO FIGURE THIS OUT.

Bacon Boy said:
Beta ? Actual Version
=
<
>
???
ehhhhh kinda >< beta has less annoying people, plus you get some stuff you may have traded away along time ago but actual version has more mods, servers, etc...

Bacon Boy said:
Beta ? Actual Version
=
<
>
???
The beta is there for Valve to get more updates out there.
It's a means for them to test new things, without breaking the real game. Tweaks and such.
What works and is good will be put in the game. If not.. nope!

AndyB said:
Bacon Boy said:
Beta ? Actual Version
=
<
>
???
It's a means for them to test new things, without breaking the real game. Tweaks and such.
And you an only get it if you have TF2.

Bacon Boy said:
AndyB said:
Bacon Boy said:
Beta ? Actual Version
=
<
>
???
And you an only get it if you have TF2.
Yep. Bingo.

250px-Item_icon_Bounty_Hat.png
250px-Item_icon_Treasure_Hat.png

Back