• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

That first piece of furniture! (Also, OMG 7 days left!)

Jamie

#1 Alfonso Fan
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
This is it guys! We're in the home stretch!!!

So, when you guys get your game, get all set up, start playing, and you find or are given by a villager your first piece of furniture in New Leaf.

Who knows what it will be!

But what do you guys plan to do with it? Display it in your home regardless of what it is for sentimental reasons, as a symbol of your new beginning? Or sell it because OMGBELLS?

As Lacey said, I shall keep it if I end up liking it. However, instead of selling it for bells to upgrade my house, I'll probably buy a tool or something instead, so I can start making money ASAP.

I don't believe I kept any item the first item I got from a villager. I usually ended up selling it. I do not believe that this game will be any different, but since I have my houses pretty much planned, the odds might increase that I'll keep it.

I usually always keep the first few items I get. Mainly because I don't like how bare my house looks at the start. xD But once I find something better I usually sell the old stuff.

I'll probably place it in my room just for the sake of finally decorating my space....who knows after that? I'm usually a bit of a hoarder and my rooms rarely have any rhyme or reason to them....but maybe that will change this time around.

Matters on the item if its something I absolutely hate then i'll sell but if its something I could include in one of my rooms i'll keep it.

I alway's keep my very first piece of furniturne :3
reminds me of the first day I start the game,
So yeah I keep it, and give it a nice place.

Depends on what it is and who gave it to me. Only time I've kept my first item was a Country Guitar from Elmer, and it stayed in my room for 3 years!
But if it ends up being Monique giving me a Dharma doll thing it's going into a bin. I won't even be taking bells for it. xP

It depends on what it is. Even if I don't like it, if it's something useful (like a dresser) then I'll keep it until I get a better one. Otherwise, I tend to sell most of the first bits of furniture if I don't like them.

I will most likely keep it in order to keep my house decorated a bit. Unless it is really awful, in which case I would sell it. I don't like having a bare house, but I love trying to work with just a few bits of furniture!

I usually put it in my house at first, just to be all, "I have furniture! ^_^" But then I would sell it.

However...I think this time I will place it in the museum extra rooms, as a memory of where I started from. =3 (Unless I absolutely love it as an item and just keep it in my house forever. XD)

I will keep it if I can! One time I got the space station and couldn't even put it down until my first house expansion. Although I may have gotten that from the furniture tree, I don't remember.

Anyway, I can make more by selling seashells and fruit, combined with the gem rock, money rock, and random bells from trees.

I do usually end up selling the first shirt I get - they are mostly ugly.

I usually get items that are pointless to me, like the traffic cone or the tumbleweed. I usually sell them because I normally don't like the item and I'm desperate for bells.

If one of my favorite characters gives it to me, I am keeping it and then buying a museum glass case to put it in and make one of my museum rooms centered around it. Yes.

I always keep my first item from a villager. Then I keep it on display for awhile, if I really like it. If I don't like it much, I still keep it, because it's a memento of my first item ever. I may even take a picture with it, since we can do it so easily now. :)

Back