• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

That Last Doctor Who Episode (no spoilers)

nerdatheart9490

Pokemon Professor
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I just saw last week's episode of Doctor Who. Heaven Sent is the name of the episode. I'm not going to give anything away for those of you who are watching but aren't up to date. But I have to say, it was a complete turning point for me.

Every time the Doctor regenerates, I have a hard time accepting the new actor. I always have to wait for that one episode that convinces me that this is THE Doctor. I started watching the new series before I saw the old one, so Eccleston was THE Doctor for me. Tennant proved himself to me in the mini series where the Cybermen came to Earth. When he lost Rose.

For Matt Smith, it was during the Pandorica event. Matt seemed to really become sure in his role as the Doctor.

It took me a lot longer to warm up to Peter Capaldi as the Doctor. He just doesn't seem to fit in. Series 8... well... sucked. I didn't like any of the stories, and I just couldn't get used to the new Doctor. Until last week.

Heaven Sent was an amazing episode. The plot was amazing, the end was amazing, and the Doctor was amazing. Capaldi OWNED his role. He showed such cunning and raw emotion, that I was no longer watching Capaldi playing the Doctor. I was simply watching The Doctor.

I'm really excited. I feel like I can finally enjoy the show again. I welcome the new Doctor with open arms, and can't wait to see what he does :) <3

I missed Matt Smith too much after he regenerated to keep watching, I just couldn't adjust to Peter Capaldi. Smith was THE DOCTOR for me, I even cosplayed as Amy, I never liked Clara as much as Amy. Now that he's gone though, I'll probably start watching again! Who plays the new Doctor?

It's still Peter Capaldi for at least 1 more series. I just still consider him the "new" Doctor, even though it's been 2 years.

But there is going to be a new companion at some point in the tenth series. Which they haven't even started filming yet T^T

Back