• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The dreaded error code 018-0512

Yokie

Senior Toilet
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Pear (Fruit)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Cake
I just can't get rid of it. I've tried Nintendo's way, but nothing worked, I've tried countless of "solutions" by other NL players with the same problem, but no, nothing's changed and it's getting really frustrating...

Is it the server that's messing things up for me? I mean, everything else works perfectly, but it's just this game that won't work. I doubt that Nintendo will do anything about it.

Just wait a bit, then try.
I've gotten that error once, but after 2 hours I came back to visit and it worked!

It hasn't been working since I bought it in July 11th... I doubt that waiting will work.

Physically give Nintendo Customer Support a phone call, they may be able to replace the product for you.

Physically give Nintendo Customer Support a phone call, they may be able to replace the product for you.

I don't know what to call and I worry that it will cost a lot of money just because of location.

Does your 3DS connect to the internet normally? Like downloading DLC from post office or spotpass homes on the HHA?

If you don't have issues receiving that data but still get 018-0512 then what kind of internet do you have? Are you the only person using that connection?

You should also do a bit of research on your router model. Some routers just have really bad/weak wifi signals that are too weak to hold a session.

Last edited:
Does your 3DS connect to the internet normally? Like downloading DLC from post office or spotpass homes on the HHA?

If you don't have issues receiving that data but still get 018-0512 then what kind of internet do you have? Are you the only person using that connection?

You should also do a bit of research on your router model. Some routers just have really bad/weak wifi signals that are too weak to hold a session.

Could be the case, but I'm not really that clever when it comes to routers. And no, I have had no problem downloading it's just visiting others and others visiting me.

Could be the case, but I'm not really that clever when it comes to routers. And no, I have had no problem downloading it's just visiting others and others visiting me.

Well, if its too complex you can start by googling the name/model # and brand to see what people say about it. If people say bad things about it you might have to get another :(

I see you are from Sweden, so I am not sure how your ISP's customer service is. Here in the USA you can call them and mention you are having trouble with your wireless. That should already be enough for them to offer to sell a better model (sometimes you can get it for free).

Last edited:
Well, if its too complex you can start by googling the name/model # and brand to see what people say about it. If people say bad things about it you might have to get another :(

I see you are from Sweden, so I am not sure how your ISP's customer service is. Here in the USA you can call them and mention you are having trouble with your wireless. That should already be enough for them to offer to sell a better model (sometimes you can get it for free).

That's just it, it's a very uncommon name on the router. I'll have to do more research about this router.

That's just it, it's a very uncommon name on the router. I'll have to do more research about this router.

That's too bad. Maybe you should just contact your ISP and see what they can do to help, usually its step by step if anything can be adjusted. If not, definitely consider a new router if its within your budget

That's too bad. Maybe you should just contact your ISP and see what they can do to help, usually its step by step if anything can be adjusted. If not, definitely consider a new router if its within your budget

Money is a big problem at the moment and it's not my internet. I'm still leeching of my parents because I'm a horrible person.

Money is a big problem at the moment and it's not my internet. I'm still leeching of my parents because I'm a horrible person.

XD nothing is wrong with leeching off parents... At least until you can take care of yourself :p, hopefully your ISP can offer it for free. Be aggressive, complain that you pay ______ and your can't even use it as your wish; you shouldn't have to pay for something they should already be providing

Well it must be on your end somehow or everyone would be having this issue. Whether its your internet, a bad copy of the game, etc. Getting the error every now and again is one thing but when you can't connect with anyone ever you have a problem. At least call and inquire

Back