• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The New Leaf Challenge

majnin

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Mailbox
I made this thread yesterday but called it the 'New Leaf Nuzlocke' which I guess a lot of people didn't understand. I'm restarting this.

A 'Nuzlocke' is normally found in Pokemon games. It's a challenge of some sort with a set of rules that the player must obey. the aim of a Nuzlocke is to learn to appreciate your game.

So:
ULTIMATE GOAL: To fill up your museum and catalog, and to get a perfect town.

RULES:
1. You must pick the first map that comes up
2. You must let any villager moves out that wants to
3. You cannot use the reset trick or any other type of cheat
4. (The one I'm most sad about but it has to be done) NO BEETLE FARMING
5. No fruit/items are allowed from other towns, only if one of your villagers or Isabelle gives them to you.
6. No time travelling!
7. You must donate any fish/bugs/fossils you find as soon as you catch something new.

If you have any more rule ideas then feel free to chip in. If you are thinking about resetting this is the perfect opportunity to start fresh and stop the need to have a perfect layout/villagers ect. I reset my town yesterday and now Marzipan is off to a great start.

I'm doing a similar challenge, but with less rules, in my town Solaceon. I'm not doing beetle hunting, and I don't time travel. I also picked the first map that came up, but that was because I liked that map. XD I don't do the reset trick either, and I always donate to the museum first, though, I tend to do that anyway. However, there are some villagers that I am going to keep forever, because this is a themed town, and I brought over fruit and items from my other town. ^^;;;

I might give this a try with my second town once I get my second cartridge and reset my first town. Great idea :)

I'm doing a similar challenge, but with less rules, in my town Solaceon. I'm not doing beetle hunting, and I don't time travel. I also picked the first map that came up, but that was because I liked that map. XD I don't do the reset trick either, and I always donate to the museum first, though, I tend to do that anyway. However, there are some villagers that I am going to keep forever, because this is a themed town, and I brought over fruit and items from my other town. ^^;;;

That sounds great!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I might give this a try with my second town once I get my second cartridge and reset my first town. Great idea :)

You should really give it a go! I'm loving it so far, it adds something else to the game so it's not like a chore anymore.

Back