• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The one fish/bug you just can't catch? (or find!)

Bee. I've gotten stung like 500 times

Shake the tree from behind. Run north, press X and equip your net. Wait until the bees are on your screen and press A. You should catch them every time. I got stung 5 times 2 days ago but when I did this method after seeing a few people mention it, I've caught every single bee.

Tons of river fish. Somehow I can never get anything besides carps, barbel steeds and the rare rainbow trout.

Also it's raining on my town for a whole hour now and I'm searching for a snail since then. No luck.

Shake the tree from behind. Run north, press X and equip your net. Wait until the bees are on your screen and press A. You should catch them every time. I got stung 5 times 2 days ago but when I did this method after seeing a few people mention it, I've caught every single bee.

Thank you, I will try this after dinner. In previous games I've always caught the bees easily but I don't know why I can't seem to catch them in NL

Tarantulas. I never see them at night.
There was one I saw last week, but it drowned in a pond, since then, none have appeared. :x I've even chopped down lots of trees to make more room for them to spawn in, but nothing.

Tarantulas. I never see them at night.
There was one I saw last week, but it drowned in a pond, since then, none have appeared. :x I've even chopped down lots of trees to make more room for them to spawn in, but nothing.
I almost caught one yesterday, but it fell of the cliffs into the sea. Another drowned then!

Tons of river fish. Somehow I can never get anything besides carps, barbel steeds and the rare rainbow trout.

Also it's raining on my town for a whole hour now and I'm searching for a snail since then. No luck.

I found a snail on the Bushes I planted when it was raining. Maybe try looking around bushes.

I don't usually go searching for any specific fish or bugs.. I just catch whatever I see when I see it. But since I usually just sell the bugs and fish I find when I fill all my pockets, I'm not super specific on what types of things I find as long as I make a few bells in the end.

But it seems whenever my villagers ask me to find a bug or fish for them, I can never find it! It is really annoying.. I hate disappointing them when I can't find what they're looking for. :C

I found snails on my bushes. Maybe they only appear there.

Some of the beetles on the island aren't having it with me. I'm sneaking up on them from every angle and they're startled before I get even remotely close. ;_;

Some of the beetles on the island aren't having it with me. I'm sneaking up on them from every angle and they're startled before I get even remotely close. ;_;

Me too, I sneak from in front of the tree even so slowly... Then they fly away. I'd say the dysnastic stag and fruit beetle are easiest.

You have to sneak really slowly and stop every few seconds and then start back up.

I go very slow and stop every few steps and I never hit any tree's that will make a noise but for some like the Horned elephant just fly away what ever I do.

Back