The Simple-to-Understand Guide for Newcomers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnilla

gone
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Purple Candy
Red Candy
Father's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Pikachu Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Hello there! Welcome to the Bell Tree Forums! The members are all really nice here, and I hope you stick around! Below are some simple few to 1 sentence rules so you don't get in trouble and don't make yourself seem like a newb in front of the kewl kids. :cool:

Rules:
1. When Making a thread: Make sure to put the right prefix, and a good title.
2. Don't make multiple threads for 1 thing, use rule #3.
3. To make sure your thread gets seen, use B.u.m.p., see rule #4.
4. Ever seen the abbreviation Bump? It stands for Bring Up My Post.
5. Bump will do what is asked and bring up your post. :cool:
6. Only Bump in the "TBT Marketplace" if it has been 4+ hours.
7. If you see someone who placed a thread in a wrong section, for example: Buying Hybrids in the "TBT Marketplace" instead of replying saying it shouldn't belong there, click the "Report" button in the corner of their post and type for moving it.
8. If you end up replying to posts like those: You may get an infraction for "Mini-Modding", so please don't do it.
9. Infractions remove some of your TBT bells. See rule #10
10. You may be asking: What is "TBT"? TBT is the forum currency that can be used for multiple services from users and collectibles.
11. How do you earn TBT? Every time you post anything, you will receive TBT. Only on some boards though, I think you don't get TBT from posting in the "Basement".
12. This is a request: Please fill out your information in "Settings".
13. If you are looking for a specific area, check the 5 different Tabs we have, those would be "Town Hall", "Animal Crossing: New Leaf", "Animal Crossing", "Gaming Discussion", and "General Discussion".
14. You can edit your avatar picture/signature! Check those out in "Settings".
15. Don't make tiny 2-3 word posts, if the mods find you they will give you an infraction of "Post-Quality".
16. You can tell who is a moderator/admin, etc. by looking at their "Username" in bold and colors vary, such as Blue, Red, Green, and Light Blue. Red usernames are admins (administrators). Blue usernames are moderators. Light Blue usernames are members who are "Project Staff" they can lock threads, and Green are just "Sages" all they have is the fancy color;were former staff members, can't do things like admins/mods.
17. If you are concerned about something from another member or have an issue, contact the mods with a PM or leave your concern in the "Contact the Staff" section of the "Bell Tree HQ" under "Town Hall".
18. A PM is a Private Message, you can make them by going to another user's profile and clicking "Private Message".
19. A VM is a Visitor Message, you can make them by going to another user's profile.
20. Please be respectful to other users/opinions that they may have, and try to be as civil as possible.
21. If a post fight breaks out, please don't continue it and follow rule #15, that's when they usually notice. (I learned the hard way)
22. If you aren't sure where to post a thread, read the text under the sections to see where it belongs!
23. The difference between a post and a thread, a thread is an actual thing like this, and a post is replying in a thread.
24. If you aren't sure if a thread has already been made, check with the "Advanced Search" feature in the top right corner. We don't want 3 threads of the same thing, too cluttered! >.<
25. Don't bypass the cursing rule, when you put a curse word it blurs it into *'s and by putting a . in the middle it won't do it. But doing that will result in an infraction of bypassing the curse thing.
26. Most importantly, have fun and make new friends! (✿╹◡╹)

If you have ANY questions, you may post below and I will try my best in answering them! Thanks for taking your time to read these, tried to make it simple! ^^

Last edited:
you can also add that you may only bump every 4 or 8 hours depending on where you post

otherwise very helpful guide!

Also yeah unless I missed it, Sages are former staff members more or less.

Hello. While we understand that you're trying to help and have good intentions, guides that deal with the site itself should only be posted by staff members because we know more about how it operates, how the rules are enforced, etc. If you have any other ideas for threads like this, please first ask for permission in the Contact the Staff board prior to posting. You can also make suggestions if you think there's something that might need to be explained better. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back