• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

time traveling backwards?

nellpond

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Silver Mailbox
October Birthstone (Opal)
i read time traveling backwards isn't dangerous. but i had this one villager, and when i (accidentally) ttd a month back , he was gone, completely, no warning or anything. the thing is, i didn't notice he was gone, but when i did, i just put 2 and 2 together (it could just be an accident though). but now i'm a month from real time and i'm scared if i reverse my clock to september i'll make someone else move out.

Well, it is dangerous to jump a large chunk of time forward or backwards! Day by day is best, you should time travel day by day back to the current date.

moving backwards still count as moving forward toward the next day. rocks/fossils are not reset though.

I did that to get gracie grace in my town, pass her test, go back one day, go up one day, pass test and repeat.

I thought TTing back counted as the same day. :/
I tt'ed a week ahead to get someone out with the befriending ladder/new character trick and I went backwards and nothing happened. :|

i dont think they move out if you tt backwards
however if theyre thinking about moving out and you tt back enough then they move out? thats what happened to my friend. (he tt a lot for like a month, then he tt back and a villager moved. so make sure no one is thinking about moving if you tt back!!)

Last edited:

but like ive tt back a lot and they never have. or i might be lucky.
?? i thought they would move only if you tt forward, and someone is thinking about moving in 5 days. you tt back and theyre gone.

but if i were you i would be careful anyway do it day by day, even if that takes a while

If you time travel back, sometimes villagers move. I lost Walker because I time traveled few days back. As long as your not in the moving process your fine.

Usually before I time travel, I make my rounds and visit every villager that I care about. If any of them make the sound and run towards me I see what it is. If they're moving and I don't want them to, then I just say so!

It takes a little extra time, but if you're afraid of losing a villager, walk around them just in case. If they're moving they should tell you. It works for me, but sorry if it doesn't for you.

Thanks guys for your replies! uwu it wasn't a big deal i didn't even want that villager in my town so it was all good :)

Back