• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Tips on catching bugs?

Kahzmatazz

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I absolutely suck at it. Like, seriously. I don't know how to catch one! every time I get close to a beetle at the island, I always scare it away! even when sneaking!

how do you guys do it?? no matter which angle I come from, they always fly away! haha.

Hmmm... maybe try holding down the A button when you're trying to sneak up on one? (ie. bugs that will fly away or attack you) Otherwise I just make a run to it. :D

Just hold down on 'A' and practice the distance you should be from the tree. You should be moving the analog stick ever so slightly, even when you hold 'A.' Also, make sure that you are in front of the tree and square to ensure that you always get the bug.

From my own experience, I find coming at the beetle from the side or at an angle scares them away a lot easier than if you're coming straight at them. And the more rare beetles get scared away a lot easier. I recommend going for the ones on the side trees on the island. The ones at the bottom just don't give the room to maneuver into position when sneaking.

thank you guys! I managed to fill my inventory with them from your advice. :D

do I sell them at Re-Tail? Or do I sit with them in my inventory on my voyage home?

Always place anything you want to take back home into the box next to the counter. Anything in your inventory will be sold for almost nothing and all that beetle hunting will have been for nothing. D:

that's what i thought! haha. thanks! what types of beetles am i looking for by the way, that will yield the most money?

I personally go for everything, but apparently the bugs that spawn on the palm trees are worth more than what spawn on the trees in the middle. I'm not too sure of the values though. I know a lot of people like to clear out the trees in the middle completely and just keep a few palms. I made 200k earlier tonight from grabbing everything and was happy enough with that but you can make 400k+ going for just the rare palm beetles.

but the trees look so pretty. :) I'm perfectly fine with the 200k! I'm not in dire need of the money so yeah haha.

Back