• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Town invasion

Orange

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Orange (Fruit)
My town is being invaded, not by bugs or weeds, but by the waffle shirt.
2mgjno5.jpg
nq32ue.jpg

July 8: the first sign of the waffle shirt
2qmogv8.jpg
I managed to reduce the invasion. Right now Pinky, Bruce and Sprinkle are wearing it. Coco and Alfonso are already cured from it and Cobb who also had it moved away. But it's still a serious threat to my town, I'm afraid it's going to spread out, again.

Giving them a new shirt doesn't always work, sometimes they just display it in their houses... But I guess I'll just have to keep sending them shirts.

I'm sorry I couldn't help, but laugh. Just keep trying. Just like real lifefads I'm sure they will get rid of them eventually.

All of my villagers decided to wear the chain mail suits I made....ATTACK MY MINIONS! Spare no villagers, burn the towns!

That's absolutely amazing. Your town's Waffle Shirt is my town's Blue Flannel Shirt. Everyone had the shirt except for me at the very beginning of the game, and I got super jealous because I wanted one, and I think that Cheri finally gifted me one. That's mostly gone now, but I think that Benedict still has two copies of the shirt, one he wears and one he displays in his house. And for a while, lots of villagers wore the Black Flannel Shirt, and I think that three of them still do.

Okay, I just realized this, but what's with my town and flannel?!

Last edited:
My town recently went through the Icy Shirt Rebellion. Everyone was wearing it- everyone. I summoned my strongest mayoral powers, and checked Thonky for my townies preferred styles, and then sent each of them a new outfit that was tailored to their preferences.

Rebellion successfully thwarted!

Some were wearing the placeholder designs and the orange one started being worn by 3 of them. It was ugly so I replaced it with my flag's design.

My town recently went through the Icy Shirt Rebellion. Everyone was wearing it- everyone. I summoned my strongest mayoral powers, and checked Thonky for my townies preferred styles, and then sent each of them a new outfit that was tailored to their preferences.

Rebellion successfully thwarted!
I've never looked at their preferred styles, maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.

The water shirt had invaded my town before which was annoying but now it has shifted to a japanese-style shirt I like very much so I don't mind at all now!

only one of my villagers was wearing that default duck pattern from able's yesterday
two more of them jumped on the bandwagon this morning

it's spreading

I think it's cool that they have "trends" but sometimes I wish I could make a shirt for them specifically to wear.

This will certainly happen- sending your villagers outfits will help spice things up!

Nearly everyone in my town has started wearing this awful orange sports vest top with numbers on the back and I suspect Sylvia started and it off. It just looks like they are all wearing prison jumpsuits, i cant stand it so i send them all new shirts but theyve still stuck with the vest even though Rolf complains its itchy he still wears it!

This reminds me of my town... The blue tartan..
Since I got the game, all my neighbors have been wearing it. Even the guys are wearing this blue and pink shirt..
I managed to get rid of the shirts off of some neighbors, I switched their clothes and took the shirt straight to retail, to get rid of the unholy thing once and for all.
Only for them to pass them back around for the whole town to wear again.
Sigh..

The snow shirt is the plague in my town. And it started just after I started playing too! Penelope, Gayle, Boone, and Gigi were all wearing it within three days of playing! I've managed to get Penelope out of it, but no matter how many times I send the others clothes, they continue wearing it!

What's worse is Gayle has given me a snow shirt at least 3 times now.

I WILL NOT BE INFECTED BY YOUR CLOTHING PLAGUE.

After school jacket for me. I don't mind it that much, but ALL my villagers? It's my own fault, I sent one to Kyle as he hadn't changed out of his default outfit since he moved in almost two months before. I was so chuffed he started wearing it straight away, I'd sent him so many clothes before that one and he never wore any of them. Then Pashmina got one, then Alli, now they're all wearing it. Apart from Dizzy, who's wearing a blue/grey number that almost exactly matches his body colour so he looks like he's naked. Sigh. Back to Ables...

Note to self - send all villagers town flag clothes.

Pretty much everyone in my town was wearing my batman vest top....... not so bad, but then Diana started wearing a puffer jacket type thing and she's given them out to people!!! :(

Back