• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Trading in 3DS for NL Bundle

Wing

Resetti's Assistant
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I was wondering...
Would it be worth it to trade in my 3DS for the Animal Crossing New Leaf Bundle?
If I were to trade in my 3ds, I would have to pay about $100 dollars extra to get the AC:NL bundle...
Considering the fact that I can save up about $200 a year, do you think it is worth it for me to get it?
Afterall, I would be buying a $60 eShop card no matter what for the digital copy of AC:NL. I am just hoping that my 3DS's value would be worth about $100 (only have $150 saved so far).
Also, if I were to trade in my 3DS, is it possible for me to transfer my data onto my second 3DS and then transfer it back?
By the way, because I live in Australia, instead of Gamestop, we have EBGames.

Get it if you want. If it helps, since you're getting a ~$50-60 game with the 3ds, you'd only end up paying like $50 for the actual 3ds xl in the end anyway :p

Hmm, I'll have to see how much they'll give me for my 3DS and how much it'll cost...
and if they sell it at all... afterall, i do live in an area with only CoD fanboys

I've been checking all day and unfortunately EB Games has not listed the animal crossing bundle as of yet. I hope it actually comes to Australia, as it'll be my first 3ds, but we'll see.

I would suggest waiting to see whether it actually comes, before you make any decisions.

I've been checking all day and unfortunately EB Games has not listed the animal crossing bundle as of yet. I hope it actually comes to Australia, as it'll be my first 3ds, but we'll see.

I would suggest waiting to see whether it actually comes, before you make any decisions.
Yep... I have also checked EB games and saw that they do not have the AC:NL bundle.
I half hope it does and half hope it doesn't. xD

If you're not to afraid to use the phone (I am) Nintendo of Australia has a phone number you can call for enquiries, since they leave no email I suppose all questions should go to them.
If you're over 18 Amazon uk is also an option, but without being able to trade in towards it. I just bought the fire emblem xl and it ended up being the same price as it would be in stores here after shipping was added.

I probably will consider Amazon uk, but I'll give Nintendo a couple of days to see what turns up, otherwise ordering it from the UK.
That is true, but considering the fact that the 3DS is region-locked, I'm not so sure... And I'm not over 18.

Considering the fact that I can save up about $200 a year, do you think it is worth it for me to get it?
Also, if I were to trade in my 3DS, is it possible for me to transfer my data onto my second 3DS and then transfer it back?
By the way, because I live in Australia, instead of Gamestop, we have EBGames.

This is up to you, but half of your yearly savings is a lot, please consider it fully before making the decision.

Anyway I noticed noone had answered your questions yet, and yes, you can do a system transfer (maximum of 5 system transfers per eshop account though, so be sure you really want to do it). System transfers let you keep all data including streetpasses, friend code and friend list, eshop downloads and miis (check Nintendo site for a full list of what you transfer), then the old 3DS gets wiped. You then move the SD card from your old system to the new one and it will all work as before. The eshop will recognise that the AC bundle had AC on it, but because the SD card that came with it will no longer work in it, it's just a case of downloading NL for no extra cost onto the new system again.

There would be no need to transfer it back again as this will use up another of your transfers and remove the data from your new 3DS. The shop may let you transfer it then and there (properly look up the process first as sometimes employees don't know what they're doing so prepare yourself and be informed) or let you take it home to transfer as long as you take your trade in console back within 24 hours, ask them!

(I spent all day Googling it yesterday and have a bank of tips and tricks on transferring...)

System transfer:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ht_apps.jsp?menu=transfer%20games&submenu=ctr-ht-software-transfer

If anyone wants to upgrade SD card, this is helpful too:
http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2012/01/19/how-to-upgrade-your-nintendo-3ds-sd-card/

Last edited:
Okay so I want the AC bundle really bad, but I really don't want to pay over $200 for it. If I traded in my 3ds and my Wii concole how much would it cost?

Okay so I want the AC bundle really bad, but I really don't want to pay over $200 for it. If I traded in my 3ds and my Wii concole how much would it cost?
You'd have to go to your local game shop to check on the trade-in prices. I'd say you'll get at least $100 from your 3DS, give or take.

Wow! Thank you very much for this info!
But if I were to just transfer my SD card, would my ambassadorship still be on it? And I'm fine with using 2 of my system transfers because I'll probably not get another one...
Once again, thanks very much for spending your time researching! :)
You'd have to go to your local game shop to check on the trade-in prices. I'd say you'll get at least $100 from your 3DS, give or take.
Okay! I'll check next month and hope they sell AC:NL bundle!

Wow! Thank you very much for this info!
But if I were to just transfer my SD card, would my ambassadorship still be on it? And I'm fine with using 2 of my system transfers because I'll probably not get another one...
Once again, thanks very much for spending your time researching! :)

Okay! I'll check next month and hope they sell AC:NL bundle!

Meh, that's fine, I'm looking into the whole transfer thing for myself anyway so glad to pass on what I find-saves others a lot of time too!
As far as I could see, the Ambassador titles are able to be downloaded again too (maybe worth a more specific search before you go ahead to include that situation, but other Ambassadors have said it was all OK.)

Meh, that's fine, I'm looking into the whole transfer thing for myself anyway so glad to pass on what I find-saves others a lot of time too!
As far as I could see, the Ambassador titles are able to be downloaded again too (maybe worth a more specific search before you go ahead to include that situation, but other Ambassadors have said it was all OK.)

Thanks again! :)
May I add you on my 3DS?

All of you might consider selling a few games you don't play anymore instead of trading in systems. That way, when you've saved/earned enough and buy the bundle, and perchance you don't like it? You won't have lost your old system in the process of procuring the new one. Just a friendly suggestion.

Amazon.com is a great site to list games and sell them quickly.

edit:

Two days ago I listed 7 games, I've already sold 3 (Pokemon Soul Silver, Pokemon Diamond, & FFIV for DS) and I've earned $64. Consider it if you have unplayed games lying around! Oh but don't set your prices lower than mine (n_n) heee

Last edited:
All of you might consider selling a few games you don't play anymore instead of trading in systems. That way, when you've saved/earned enough and buy the bundle, and perchance you don't like it? You won't have lost your old system in the process of procuring the new one. Just a friendly suggestion.

Amazon.com is a great site to list games and sell them quickly.

edit:

Two days ago I listed 7 games, I've already sold 3 (Pokemon Soul Silver, Pokemon Diamond, & FFIV for DS) and I've earned $64. Consider it if you have unplayed games lying around! Oh but don't set your prices lower than mine (n_n) heee
I have close to no unwanted games.... Unfortunately D:

Back