• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Trump winning?

vel

xoxo
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I know I'm on a hiatus, but I needed to get things off my chest.

IF YOU ARE A SUPPORTER OF TRUMP AND YOU DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE BASHING HIM, DON'T READ. I AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE, NOR CHANGE MY VIEWS ON HIM. SO EITHER GRIN AND BEAR IT OR NOT READ IT AT ALL.

So Trump won the presidential election. That is already a terrible thing, but even worse is his entire campaign was built off hate. Hate for others, more specifically. What shocks me is his entire campaign was about hating others, not giving most people their human rights, and he still won. Some people say he was faking it and will try to be a better person, but let's think about that.

If he was, in fact, joking, that means more of America actually is brainwashed enough to agree that in fact illegal immigrants should be deported, and women are merely just play toys and "things" to breed off of. And climate change is a hoax, and touching women inappropriately is okay. You know what that means right? If he was joking, which I hope he isn't, because the fact of it is much worse, that means he fed on the stupidity of those racist, homophobic feelings of his voters and made it blatantly clear that yes, America is racist and homophobic and more. That's scary. To live in a world, and for my baby cousin to grow up under his presidency, maybe not even knowing Trump basically brought out the hate of his voters, that's scary.

I don't really have anywhere to go with this, but if you think about it, IF TRUMP WAS TRULY JOKING, he got people to believe his crazy views were actually right. And that's what scares me the most, as a teenager, I was so sheltered that I didn't realize how absolutely disgusting the world actually was. And how they hate Clinton being president so much, they rather have any guy, even Trump, be president. Man, I can't even believe he's president. I can't, for the life of me, see how his campaign could be agreed with. How can I agree with homophobia? How can I agree with the fact that more people in this country agree with racism? I can't see, I probably will never see their side. The outcome just sickens me.

If y'all think 2016 was the worst year, here comes 2017.

I know that Trump behaved very poorly during the entire election, but the fact that people voted for him shows us two things:

1. People these days are getting tired of the federal government. They're tired of the lies and hypocrisies Congress has given us, so they would vote for someone who hasn't served in the federal government yet.

2. The people who voted Trump are fed up with the radical left taking political correctness too far, painting all white people as racist, and practicing political discrimination. The problem here is that liberals have gotten much more intolerant than 50's conservatives, and are even acting more childish than the racists from the past, without even realizing it. Whatever goes around comes around.

I understand your frustration and how it's crazy that people would vote for him, but those who aren't intolerant, yet voted him, actually had their reasons. Even I don't like him, but I understand how angry people have gotten.

Anyway, what caused you to go to hiatus?

Apple2012;bt13240 said:
I know that Trump behaved very poorly during the entire election, but the fact that people voted for him shows us two things:

1. People these days are getting tired of the federal government. They're tired of the lies and hypocrisies Congress has given us, so they would vote for someone who hasn't served in the federal government yet.

2. The people who voted Trump are fed up with the radical left taking political correctness too far, painting all white people as racist, and practicing political discrimination. The problem here is that liberals have gotten much more intolerant than 50's conservatives, and are even acting more childish than the racists from the past, without even realizing it. Whatever goes around comes around.

I understand your frustration and how it's crazy that people would vote for him, but those who aren't intolerant, yet voted him, actually had their reasons. Even I don't like him, but I understand how angry people have gotten.

Anyway, what caused you to go to hiatus?

The only reasons I could think someone would vote Trump is much like yours, they want someone who hasn't served yet, they don't have a female president, they hate Clinton so much they would rather have Trump, and they actually agree with the crazy crap he's been spewing. There are also people who vote for him because they think even though he has touched women without their consent, it's a good practice to "forgive and forget." I've met a lot of people that have fought me about that. I still don't think that's correct, and their decision was brainwashed and miseducated, but there is nothing I can do to change their choice. They do have a right to their own opinion, but it still baffles me, thinking about all the impudent opinions he publicizes.

I'm on hiatus because this month is extremely busy and chaotic for me, I have to do so many things in a short time frame, as well as I'm taking a trip to Taiwan to attend my uncle's wedding for a week. There are many other things I could name but it isn't very important. But everything building up made me make the ulterior decision to take a break from Bell Tree and sort myself out first. I do come online for 20-30 minutes if I do not have homework, but other than that I really don't have much of a break. I also have little to no self control of what I do on that short time frame, so I try to keep myself away from distractions.

Back