• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Uhh..

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So, anyone see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?

I just came home from seeing it, and I liked it, but not as much as I liked the 3rd one (my favorite).

Also, I haven't read the book, but they probably left out tons of things or something like they always seem to do..

Gengar said:
Propaganda Man said:
The 3rd one was very very bad.
Compared to the book?

Cuz' if thats what your saying, you're probably right. I wouldn't know.

:p
Not only to the book but I thought so in general. That movie was for sales and not for retelling the book.

Propaganda Man said:
Gengar said:
Propaganda Man said:
Compared to the book?

Not only to the book but I thought so in general. That movie was for sales and not for retelling the book.
Ah.

I dunno', I liked it....

Gengar said:
Propaganda Man said:
Gengar said:
Propaganda Man said:
Compared to the book?

Ah.

I dunno', I liked it....
I thought the werewolf looked like a deformed chimpanzee.

I haven't seen it, but my friend has 3 times.

I'm gonna see it in a week or two... I'm KIND OF expecting disappointment, because I heard they cut out a lot of stuff...

Fabio said:
Actually, I liked this one. Sure, there are always going to be parts they cut out, but hey, what can you do?
Make the books shorter and mvoes longer?

:huh:

Propaganda Man said:
Gengar said:
Propaganda Man said:
Compared to the book?

Most Harry Potter movies nowadays are like this.

I know this one is going to suck cause there is love involed now....I WANT TO SEE HARRY KILL SOMEBODY NOT KISS THEM!

Gabbylala said:
I know this one is going to suck cause there is love involed now....I WANT TO SEE HARRY KILL SOMEBODY NOT KISS THEM!
Uhm... No comment. I actually like how the love interest is developed in the books.

Bulerias said:
Gabbylala said:
Uhm... No comment. I actually like how the love interest is developed in the books.
You said no comment and the made a comment.....

3rd is my favorite, but i really like the the 5th one. It's up there with the first and third though.

My order:
3rd
5th
1st
4th
2nd( uggh i hated it..)

The first was the only one I'd watch again. I absolutely hated the 3rd and 4th. They hardly followed the book or at least the story and were just to make money.

The guy who played Harry Potter said something I don't agree with about his age and Harry's age. He is 18 playing a 15 year old. He says actors play characters at different ages all the time. Which is true. But he is playing a character going through his teens. I'm sure he knows how much the body can change in their teens.

Propaganda Man said:
The first was the only one I'd watch again. I absolutely hated the 3rd and 4th. They hardly followed the book or at least the story and were just to make money.
Same here! The first and second at least stayed true to the books.

Gabbylala said:
Bulerias said:
Gabbylala said:
You said no comment and the made a comment.....
Well, you claim you have a brain, but you really don't. So it evens out.

UltraByte said:
Propaganda Man said:
Same here! The first and second at least stayed true to the books.
While the other movies may have strayed more from the books, I think the movies started to improve with the 3rd one. The movies shouldn't be judged on how alike it is to the book, just as a standalone movie.
The Order of the Phoenix was my 2nd favorite movie of the series (behind Prisoner of Azkaban, followed by Goblet of Fire, Sorcerer's Stone, and Chamber of Secrets).

Back